help , offset fq. for mercer county needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

fletch1

i just saw that mercer county has a new radio system,what is it for? and i have a bcd396t and when i went to program it the offset fq. would not work in the scanner.i called uniden and they told me that the offset on the web were wrong. radio ref. com had 0000,4096,8192 as the offset. this is for a project 25 standard system in lawernce twp. nj for the county of mercer.could somebody please help me in this manner thank you fletch1

robbinsj2

The data in the database here has been confirmed by Pro96Com and UniTrunker, and functionally via monitoring on a Pro-96. Another user posted in a previous thread that their 396 doesn't require this information for P25 systems (it's transmitted over the control channel). I'd suggest you check your manual for how to enable this.

Alternately, what format does the 396 want the offset in? If there's a hyphen, try the following:
00-0000, 500.4500, 12.5
01-0000, 506.3000, 12.5
02-0000, 508.4875, 12.5
(which is just a different format for the same values in the database)

Jim

ctrabs74

robbinsj2 said:
The data in the database here has been confirmed by Pro96Com and UniTrunker, and functionally via monitoring on a Pro-96. Another user posted in a previous thread that their 396 doesn't require this information for P25 systems (it's transmitted over the control channel). I'd suggest you check your manual for how to enable this.

The Mercer County TRS is listed as a Project 25 Standard system; if I'm reading that correctly, for the 396, would would have to create a new system, select "MOT" as the type of system, then select "P25" as the format. Am I interpreting that correctly, Jim? (or anyone else who's familiar with this system).

Manchester Twp also has a Project 25 Standard system. I programmed that into my 396 without entering the base, offset, and step. I'm guessing that's the same way for Mercer County.

robbinsj2

ctrabs74 said:
The Mercer County TRS is listed as a Project 25 Standard system; if I'm reading that correctly, for the 396, would would have to create a new system, select "MOT" as the type of system, then select "P25" as the format. Am I interpreting that correctly, Jim? (or anyone else who's familiar with this system).
That's correct.
ctrabs74 said:
Manchester Twp also has a Project 25 Standard system. I programmed that into my 396 without entering the base, offset, and step. I'm guessing that's the same way for Mercer County.
Which jibes with what W2SJW posted on the other thread. That information is transmitted over the control channel for P25 systems; apparently the 396 and 996, and hopefully any future models from Uniden and GRE, will also only only require the control channel frequencies be programmed in. The Pro-96/2096 does need everything programmed in, and the 296/796 may as well though based on notes I'm seeing with other P25 systems (Manchester NJ and State of West Virginia), Uniden uses a different offset numbering system than GRE for P25 systems. If I can figure out how that works I'll post it.

508.4875 is Mercer's primary control channel. At the present time it looks like the alternates are: 506.3000, 507.1500, and 508.9000.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.