Help on strange behavior from pro197

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxwarn285

Sometimes when scanning the Franklin, Nashville p25 an TACN system it will stop and sound clear on the first transmission and then on the second one it blinks VC with a freq I've never saw before with sometimes partial audio to it, I am experience this alot with the busy Gatlinburg fire traffic.

When it does that is that a phase 2 radio, encryption or does my pro197 need rebanding? Its programmed with the default table on TACN and I thought with the p25 auto setting it automatically adjusted it for you on p25 systems. Why is it doing this? The whole time I am getting this affect, I have 99% on the TN tower site.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Its possible that one side is encrypted.
Im about positive that you cant have one side phase 1 and ther other side phase 2 so that part is ruled out.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Also, i used to have a 197. Encryption is definitely easy to determine on them. 197s dont do phase 2.

wxwarn285

I bought it from a fellow ham 4 or 5 years ago and I thought he said it was already updated on rebanding. I've always programmed my radios manually, so never updated myself.

Attachments

• IMG_20161202_011514.jpg
    IMG_20161202_011514.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.