help on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello whilw looking in expert settings foe the 500 i noticed these items trunkingchannel# radio id &radio id alert. can someone help with with these what are they actually used for. i did put the trunking channel# on and did see some #s at the bottom of screen . but what are these exactly what do they do, and why dont i see any thing in database on this for my state. thanks for any help

tobarger

Trunking Ch#
Win500 Name: Extended Settings>Show trunked chan w/VC
PSREdit Name: General Configuration>Other Options>Show Trunking Channel
Default Value: Off
Values: Off/On
Menu Help Text: Show CC Chan # while showing VC
When set to 'On' shows the trunking channel number in the middle of line 4 of the display. F2 (TSYS) still functions.

RadioIDAlert
Win500 Name: Extended Settings>Use RadioID Alert
PSREdit Name: General Configuration>Other Options>Use RadioID Alert Values
Default Value: No
Values: No/Yes
Menu Help Text: Use RadioID's alert setting if showing tag on line 4
The scanner will use any LED/backlight/tone alert settings from programmed Private TGRP objects instead of the group TGRP object's alert settings. For example, you could have a dispatch console's radio ID programmed as a Private TGRP object with alert settings different from the normal "Police Dispatch" Group TGRP object's settings. When the console initiates the call, the scanner will use the alert settings from the Private TGRP object instead of from the Group TGRP object.

Taken from:
Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

Hope this helps.

mrdelia

Trunking Channel #:

I know in EDACS systems the channels must be entered in a specific order. In the RR Database it will tell you which freq. goes into which channel. I don't think it really matters for other truncking systems, but I may be wrong.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
LTR systems need to be in LCN # order. But the 500/600 has an Home Channel feature that decodes and prompts you push a soft key and move it to the correct position.

Status
Not open for further replies.