Help please :) trying to get my software PRSEdit 500 on my scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok heres the deal... i just got my scanner and trying to program it (PSR 600) i opened the box and downloaded the USB drivers with the CD ... its com 4 on my computer...
i have the software com port set on 4 also... when i click on upload to radio (communications Error pops up) it says Send Initalize Timeout! please make sure USB cable is connected and try again...
can someone tell me what more i need to do???
Thank you guys!
Trisha

can anyone help?

i know i have the usb cable driver installed and my com ports 4 on my computer and its com 4 on my software ... is there is thing more i should do with the scanner??

Yes i have tryed to Reboot my computer... using vista
i have the usb cable pluged in
and the cable is in the front of the scanner where it says pc/if

KJ4FWA

I'm not too familuar with your model of scanner but in general the scanner will not need anything but to be turned on in order to recieve programming. if you have a computer that runs XP try the software on it. Vista has some issues with Some softwares. Another thing to try is the program that you use to program, find it in the start menu, Right click on it, and have it run as administrator. another box will pop up asking if you trust the program, you may need to enter in your password and click ok. Try it then. That sometimes works for me. If that fails to work let me know. I do have one more Idea.

KJ4FWA

from what I'm seeing I dont think it's compatable with Vista. but I'm not too sure. Close the program
Click start>Find program>Right click on it's icon> Run as administrator. See if that works

KJ4FWA

do you happen to have an XP machine? It may be alot simpler to run it on it.. I'll do a bit more looking and post more information when I find it

i think it has something to do with the usb cable drivers...
maybe i didnt download something right with the drivers

KJ4FWA

try to find the Vista Version on the Scanners site, that may be it, there's alot of refrence to them in the support area for it. never hurts to try that

yes i have XP on my other computer..
i just spent 3 days programing it on this computer tho lol
unless i can just send the file thur email

mikey60

trisha_barrett2002 said:
Ok heres the deal... i just got my scanner and trying to program it (PSR 600) i opened the box and downloaded the USB drivers with the CD ... its com 4 on my computer...
i have the software com port set on 4 also... when i click on upload to radio (communications Error pops up) it says Send Initalize Timeout! please make sure USB cable is connected and try again...
can someone tell me what more i need to do???
Thank you guys!
Trisha

Sorry, I missed this thread until just now...

PSREdit500 should work fine with Windows Vista. I've had a number of reports from people using it without issue on that platform.

The 30 day trial is full featured. What you see is exactly the same as you will see if you register it (except that you won't get the registration screen when the program starts up).

What exactly is the error message you are seeing?

The file created by PSREdit500 is identical to the file format used by the demo software that came with the scanner on the CD. Does that program talk to the scanner?

If you like, you can email me at support@psredit.com for more direct support, or keep it here to see what solutions others may have found.

Mike
PSREdit500 Author

Status
Not open for further replies.