Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKeller45827

Premium Subscriber
We have a radio Shack Digital trunking Pro 197 scanner I'm trying to program
I have a subscription to radio Reference and using Arc 500
Can someone please help me with a file for our area?
Was wanting Putnam, Van Wert & Paulding county
I have read up and still can't figure it out..
Thanks for any help you can give.
Tom

MKeller45827

Premium Subscriber
I tried that .. ty tho..
still not able to figure it out..
went to the help section here and that's where it said to ask for a file.

Nasby

The PRO 197 is not obsolete for Ohio by any means. It will work very well for his area.
Dude just needs to get it programmed.

Swipesy

Follow these few steps and it should get you going.

1. Create ScanList (20 available). I.E. (1) Putman Police (2) Putman Fire (3) Van Wert Police, (4) Van Wert Fire, etc.
2. Create System, I assume MARCS. Enter the Control and Alt (red and blue) MARCS tower(s) frequency nearest your location. You can have multiple towers for a System up to 32 Frequencies. Do not enter Voice tower frequncies. The System Type is P25 Auto
3. To the System enter the Talkgroups you want to listen to and assign each Talkgroup to one of the ScanLists created in Step 1
4. Make sure that the ScanLists you entered are ENABLED.
5. You can enable/disable Scanlist from the Radio Keypad.

This should get you going. Below is a screen shot with MARCS using WIN500 Software but you get the idea of programming. I have attached screenshots of programming MARCS using PSREdit but the methodology is the same for any software you use to program.

Attachments

• System Freq.jpg
    System Freq.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Talkgroups.jpg
    Talkgroups.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 25
  • ScanList.jpg
    ScanList.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 20

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We have an article in our wiki that may help - and perhaps some videos on YouTube would also help. Our wiki is here...

Software is generally the way folks go for programming, The choices are ARC500, PSREdit500 and Win500. If it were me, I'd avoid Win500 as the author seems to have passed away or has totally lost interest - he hasn't been heard from in months. There is an article linked in the above as to what the links are, and we have a wiki based user guide here, too, for ARC 500 which seems to be the way folks are going now

Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
We have an article in our wiki that may help - and perhaps some videos on YouTube would also help. Our wiki is here...

Software is generally the way folks go for programming, The choices are ARC500, PSREdit500 and Win500. If it were me, I'd avoid Win500 as the author seems to have passed away or has totally lost interest - he hasn't been heard from in months. There is an article linked in the above as to what the links are, and we have a wiki based user guide here, too, for ARC 500 which seems to be the way folks are going now

I wouldn't count out Win500. Its stable, works quite well and really doesn't require support, so even if Don Starr has lost interest it still works just fine. I've got both Win500 and ARC500, and prefer Win500 for my Pro-197s.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Unfortunately if you want to register Win500 after the trial period, that will prove difficult, if not outright impossible, unless Don shows up again - hence my thinking that ARC500 might be a better bet.

Sure as long as you have it already licensed, Win500 is a good choice. For newcomers, not so much...Mike

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Unfortunately if you want to register Win500 after the trial period, that will prove difficult, if not outright impossible, unless Don shows up again - hence my thinking that ARC500 might be a better bet.

Sure as long as you have it already licensed, Win500 is a good choice. For newcomers, not so much...Mike

Have registration requests at the Starrsoft website not been replied to? Just because he hasn't made recent appearances here on RR doesn't necessarily mean he's not responding to registration requests (a process which may be automated in any case).

Win500 is worth a look, newbie or not.

MKeller45827

Premium Subscriber

1. Create ScanList (20 available). I.E. (1) Putman Police (2) Putman Fire (3) Van Wert Police, (4) Van Wert Fire, etc.
2. Create System, I assume MARCS. Enter the Control and Alt (red and blue) MARCS tower(s) frequency nearest your location. You can have multiple towers for a System up to 32 Frequencies. Do not enter Voice tower frequncies. The System Type is P25 Auto
3. To the System enter the Talkgroups you want to listen to and assign each Talkgroup to one of the ScanLists created in Step 1

This should get you going. Below is a screen shot with MARCS using WIN500 Software but you get the idea of programming. I have attached screenshots of programming MARCS using PSREdit but the methodology is the same for any software you use to program.

This helped me alot.. Thank you so much!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Have registration requests at the Starrsoft website not been replied to? Just because he hasn't made recent appearances here on RR doesn't necessarily mean he's not responding to registration requests (a process which may be automated in any case).

Win500 is worth a look, newbie or not.

Many here have filed disputes with PayPal after paying for the Win500 registration keys on the Starrsoft site, and never receiving them. Multiple requests to the Starrsoft email contact addresses and other methods of contact went unanswered. PayPay eventually refunded those payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.