help pro 2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOLEBILLY

I have programmed all the freqs i want to listen to from win 96 and all i can hear is the digital i programmed in. I can not pick anythink up in conv,and also can you program both mot and conv on the same channel?

jeffrey420

HOLEBILLY said:
I have programmed all the freqs i want to listen to from win 96 and all i can hear is the digital i programmed in. I can not pick anythink up in conv,and also can you program both mot and conv on the same channel?

You can put conv and mot in the same bank. But the bank must still be set to mot.

HOLEBILLY

huron co but at night i can hear stark co, but the problem is i no longer pick up any conv freqs at all on my 2096

jeffrey420

HOLEBILLY said:
huron co but at night i can hear stark co, but the problem is i no longer pick up any conv freqs at all on my 2096
any at all?

I'm in the middle of storms so I might disappear.

scnnr

HOLEBILLY said:

If you are using Win 96 to set up your scanner it should look something like this if you wish to mix convetntional with Trunking. This is just a sample I made up with web import.

Last edited:

jeffrey420

Sorry, had to leave in a hurry. Storms came out of nowhere. Lost power, had to shut down.

Had the laptop, but that was for radar.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
scnnr said:
If you are using Win 96 to set up your scanner it should look something like this if you wish to mix convetntional with Trunking. This is just a sample I made up with web import.
Nice example scnnr, my bet is HOLEBILLY has all freqs set to MOT. Web Import neatly resolves our errors.

To Jeff in St Louis, yesterday evening my system got shut down due to lighting also. Turned it on this AM and XP sent two error reports to MS - of course, blamed it on a driver. :roll:

crackofdawnpawn

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Can You Mix Conv With Trunking. I Was Told You Couldnt.
Let Me Know.
Also Can You Mix Digital With Conv ?

crackofdawnpawn

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
But Guess Who Told Me.
Junk Shack Employees.
They Dont Know Much When You Ask Them.

HOLEBILLY

I put all conv freqs in one bank and set it to conv and still cant pick up anything. Cant even pick up weather . I use to pick all these freqs up,dont know what happen

lsh1885

Technically you can, but it is my experience that it is better if you don't, if at all possible. My opinion for whatever thats worth.

scnnr

HOLEBILLY said:
I put all conv freqs in one bank and set it to conv and still cant pick up anything. Cant even pick up weather . I use to pick all these freqs up,dont know what happen

Could you possibly zip up your p96 file that your scanner is programmed as now and upload it to here so we can take a look at it? Maybe one of us can see if there is a problem with that.

Randy

jeffrey420

lsh1885 said:
Technically you can, but it is my experience that it is better if you don't, if at all possible. My opinion for whatever thats worth.

I do it with mine all the time. Seems to work fine for me. I try to use my banks set for differant counties so when I travel I just drop them in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.