Help! Pro-96 & Washtenaw County Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

greghatha

Help needed for a Newbie!

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get my Pro-96 scanner reprogrammed to receive Washtenaw County within the new MSPSC system. Here is what I have done: purchased Win96 software, signed up as a premium member to access the Radio Reference database, logged in, selected the MSPSC trunking system database, clicked on everything that was marked Washtenaw County for frequencies or talk groups and downloaded it all to my scanner. Everything downloaded fine but what little I hear is still very garbled and there doesn't seem to be much traffic at all.

The scanner worked fine beforehand when programmed for the prior Motorola trunking system. Lots of police and sheriff traffic especially.

Suggestions? Thanks all in advance!

Greg

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Help needed for a Newbie!

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get my Pro-96 scanner reprogrammed to receive Washtenaw County within the new MSPSC system. Here is what I have done: purchased Win96 software, signed up as a premium member to access the Radio Reference database, logged in, selected the MSPSC trunking system database, clicked on everything that was marked Washtenaw County for frequencies or talk groups and downloaded it all to my scanner. Everything downloaded fine but what little I hear is still very garbled and there doesn't seem to be much traffic at all.

The scanner worked fine beforehand when programmed for the prior Motorola trunking system. Lots of police and sheriff traffic especially.

Suggestions? Thanks all in advance!

Greg

Hello Greg
Welcome to RR, the problem might be the location of the radio, many of the digital scanners have problems decoding the simulcast radio systems, the radios get confused on receiving multiple signals from many tower locations..Try moving the radio around your house to see if that will help, many scanner users in the area are having trouble with the system. How well do you receive the control channel?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.