Help - Pro96 stuck on Bank 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoRNS

First thanks in advance for any help

I've had my Pro 96 for several years, but mostly listen. I use ARC96 to program it. Today, I added a few new frequencies - all conventional VHF/UHF. Now when I scan, it sits on bank 0 even though I have enabled 0, 1 and 2. If I turn off Bank 0 it will scan 1 and 2, but with 0 on, it won't go to 1 or 2.

I did an initialize and reloaded DSP 1.4 and my programming from ARC96. I am now at CPU F1.1, DSP App 1.4 and DSP Voc 1.1

I've looked at the "Settings" in ARC96, but don't see anything unique about Bank 0

Any ideas?

THANK YOU!

ColoRNS

Benzman, thanks for your reply.

My Bank 0 is mostly P25 control frequencies. I have no EDACs data programmed anywhere in my scanner. I have a few P25 control frequencies locked out since they are out of range, but they have always been that way. The only change I made (that I know of) was to add 5 FM UHF frequencies.

I've had a couple other projects today. Now that I am thinking about this again, I think I'll go back to a previously saved ARC96 file to see if it behaves the same way. UPDATE: No! - loading a previous data set behaves normally. I wonder what the new data did? I printed each to a .pdf file and the ONLY difference I see is the 5 new UHF frequencies I added to Bank 0 and 3 out of range P25 Control Frequencies I deleted.

I am really puzzled as to what I did to seemingly lock the scanner on Bank 0 even though 1 and 2 are turned on. As far as I can tell, it is not stopping on a frequency in Bank 0. The display never leaves the scanning mode and no tag shows.

ColoRNS

I know what is causing it, but not why

Weird!! Adding the VHF frequency 158.800 to the bank stalls it on Bank 0. Deleting that one frequency, it scans across banks just fine. Any ideas why this would happen??

Thanks again for any help.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
158.8 is not a valid frequency for this scanner. You can load invalid frequencies from programing software but boy entering them directly from the keypad. The scanner will will not scan with invalid frequencies programed in a channel.

ColoRNS

158.8 Not Valid ??

158.8 is not a valid frequency for this scanner. You can load invalid frequencies from programing software but boy entering them directly from the keypad. The scanner will will not scan with invalid frequencies programed in a channel.

Help me understand why 158.800 is not valid. The Pro96 manual lists "158.73 - 159.465 POL, PUB, ROAD" and shows in the specs area under Frequency Coverage 137 - 174 Mhz as covered. It is not listed as a "birdie" frequency. 158.800 MHz is VHF frequency for a local fire department.

Thanks,

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
The FCC allocated frequencies with specific spacing between them. According the FCC allocations. valid frequencies are 157.780 and 158.805 at the current 25KC spacing moving to 157.7925 and 158.805 with 12.5 KC spacing with 6.25KC spacing comming

KGE-7432

Radio Shack Pro-96 invalid frequency error

I recently ( just yesterday ) bought a Radio Shack Pro-96 Scanner. The Arc96 Program, works really well. You just have to re-program/hand type certain frequencies into it manually, for the Police Scanner to accept/understand what you are wanting it to do. By using the Arc96 program, just watch as you are typing the frequency/importing them in, because "some" will not be correct. I have a frequency here as an example, 154.3100 Mhz, the Arc96 Program changes it to, 154.2875 Mhz. I was having the same problem, until I looked at the scanner itself. To wrap it up, you will have to "manually hand type" a few of those frequencies in. God bless you and yours and 73's.

-Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.