help programing non digital in pro96?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilklown

I got exellent help in getting my pro96 programmed win96 and help from everyone. i am still trying to figure out all the little differnt things win96 and the pro96 has and what they mean. i know you can use it non digital as jim stated for me. i am not sure how to set it all up in win96 i will use boulder say i wanted to set it up in my scanner
Frequency License Type Tone CH Description Mode
155.53500 WPTQ628 BM 141.3 PL RED-1 County Fire North FM
154.22000 WPTQ628 BM 141.3 PL RED-1 County Fire Central FM
like if i wanted to listen to them can someone help me out with the settings and how it would be set up to listen to. thanks

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
evilklown said:
I got exellent help in getting my pro96 programmed win96 and help from everyone. i am still trying to figure out all the little differnt things win96 and the pro96 has and what they mean. i know you can use it non digital as jim stated for me. i am not sure how to set it all up in win96 i will use boulder say i wanted to set it up in my scanner
155.53500 WPTQ628 BM 141.3 PL RED-1 County Fire North FM
154.22000 WPTQ628 BM 141.3 PL RED-1 County Fire Central FM
like if i wanted to listen to them can someone help me out with the settings and how it would be set up to listen to. thanks

Have you downloaded the win96 conventional file from radiohacker.com less duplication of key strokes and should make life easier.

Jim<

MNRotrMedic

Getting conventional channels into your '96 should actually be easier than getting TRS stuff in as you don't need to worry with trunk settings or talk groups. Of the frequencies that you've mentioned there is actually more information there than you need.

1) 155.53500 WPTQ628 BM 141.3 PL RED-1 County Fire North FM
2) 154.22000 WPTQ628 BM 141.3 PL RED-1 County Fire Central FM

For these frequencies, the only things that you need to worry about are
155.53500 141.3 Red-1 County Fire North FM
154.22000 141.3 Red-1 County Fire Central FM

The frequencies will go in whatever frequency spot in whichever bank you choose. You need to set the rx mode from FM (default) to PL and then type in the codes (141.3) under PL/DPL. You only get twelve Aplha characters on a '96 so you'll want to shorten those titles in a way that will make sense to you.

Rinse and repeat as necessary and never let this product get into your eyes. ;)

evilklown

jimmnn said:
Have you downloaded the win96 conventional file from radiohacker.com less duplication of key strokes and should make life easier.

Jim<
Thanks for the info on the Conv. File very very helpful i had only a few questions if you know? how do you know what Rx mode the frequncy should use because on the file most of them all are set as CT but some of them are set at DC. and also should the closed be checked or unchecked that is next to the tag at the top? thanks once agian for the file it made it so much easier to see rather then trying to get it explained.

evilklown

Matt_45 said:
Getting conventional channels into your '96 should actually be easier than getting TRS stuff in as you don't need to worry with trunk settings or talk groups. Of the frequencies that you've mentioned there is actually more information there than you need.

1) 155.53500 WPTQ628 BM 141.3 PL RED-1 County Fire North FM
2) 154.22000 WPTQ628 BM 141.3 PL RED-1 County Fire Central FM

For these frequencies, the only things that you need to worry about are
155.53500 141.3 Red-1 County Fire North FM
154.22000 141.3 Red-1 County Fire Central FM

The frequencies will go in whatever frequency spot in whichever bank you choose. You need to set the rx mode from FM (default) to PL and then type in the codes (141.3) under PL/DPL. You only get twelve Aplha characters on a '96 so you'll want to shorten those titles in a way that will make sense to you.

Rinse and repeat as necessary and never let this product get into your eyes. ;)
thank you for your help on this topic it has helped me out.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
evilklown said:
how do you know what Rx mode the frequncy should use because on the file most of them all are set as CT but some of them are set at DC.
The ones that are DC use digital coded squelch vs Carrier Tone squelch.

The only thing in that file that needs to be changed is Longmont Fire 154.175 from CT 179.9 to DC 343.

Otherwise that file pretty much covers the area.

Phil.

evilklown

scanlist said:
The ones that are DC use digital coded squelch vs Carrier Tone squelch.

The only thing in that file that needs to be changed is Longmont Fire 154.175 from CT 179.9 to DC 343.

Otherwise that file pretty much covers the area.

Phil.
thank you for the info on DC and CT now i understand so if you a frequncy and it has a . somthing after it then it is CT and if it dosent have a . then it is DC is that how you make out weither it is DC or CT.

evilklown

Is Boulder to far away from to hear any of the frequncy's i am in commerce city? or can i get a stronger antenna and be able to hear it? because i am not picking up anything just scans it and finds nothing. Thanks

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
evilklown said:
Is Boulder to far away from to hear any of the frequncy's i am in commerce city? or can i get a stronger antenna and be able to hear it? because i am not picking up anything just scans it and finds nothing. Thanks

Remember Kevin, conventional freqs scan until someone talks, there is no control channel to stop the process. And Boulder County might just be quiet tonight.

Jim<

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Best bets for the Boulder County area are the "South" channels. RED-1 151.355 and GREEN 159.270 in the Commerce City area.

The Boulder BLUE 156.135 city of Boulder Channel has an odd distant signal pattern so you may not be able to hear them .

Phil.

cstockmyer

I can get the peoples republic of boulder when I am down here in Littleton fairly well. As for last night, they where rather quiet. On Sunday they put some miles on the rigs that's for sure :).

evilklown

scanlist said:
Best bets for the Boulder County area are the "South" channels. RED-1 151.355 and GREEN 159.270 in the Commerce City area.

The Boulder BLUE 156.135 city of Boulder Channel has an odd distant signal pattern so you may not be able to hear them .

Phil.
i am picking up Boulder south 159.270 i am going to try the 151.355 and see how that comes in. thank you for your input. with a stronger antenna can i mabey pick up some of the other channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.