Help Programing Pro 164

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcallaway

Hello,

My granddaughter go a hold of my pro164 scanner and it is all messed up. Is there anyone here in Hobbs NM that can re clone this scanner for me or program it? I can be reached at tcallaway50@gmail.com. I really thank anyone who can help me. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Terry

tcallaway

Hello Can anyone help me? I seem to not be able to get this scanner programed. I even went to radio shack and they do not know how as well.

Im in Hobbs NM.

Thank you for your help!

Hello,

My granddaughter go a hold of my pro164 scanner and it is all messed up. Is there anyone here in Hobbs NM that can re clone this scanner for me or program it? I can be reached at tcallaway50@gmail.com. I really thank anyone who can help me. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Terry

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-164

You should always have a backup of what is programmed in your scanner. Most of us use software. For those that program by hand, keep a copy on paper or in a DOC file .. and reprogram it by hand when it messes up.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Terry, welcome. Before I begin, a little admin note - anything that's blue is a link to something.

Let's get started. Your area is laid out in our database here...

Lea County, New Mexico (NM) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

If you read the entire page, you will see your area is pretty easy - only 2 trunking systems in that area (1 of which you cannot monitor with the 164) and the rest is straight conventional.

If you wish to do the programming manually, there is an Easier to Read manual that you can download (and one you can purchase from Scanner Master) here...

Easier to Read Pro-164/163 PSR300/C/400/C Scanner Manual

If trunking is a new concept to you, you should read the 2 links found in the Overview section of:

Trunked Radio Systems - The RadioReference Wiki

As gmclam says, many use software to program their scanners - however that puts a little more complexity into the mix. You will need to purchase and install a few things - and if you want to go that route, we can get into that in a follow up message.

Finally we have a New Mexico forum where local folks might be able to pitch in and help...

New Mexico Radio Discussion Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.