Help programing Pro-94 dual trunking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharityDC

I have no idea what to do with it lol. This was my dad's and I brought it home after he passed away last month. I would like to set it up to scan frequencies in my area, fire police ambulance weather etc. Since I live in Northwest Florida and hurricane season coming soon this will do a great help for us. If anyone could help me program this i would greatly appreciate it. I think it has all frequencies from Kansas and Missouri on it. I'm in niceville and i think i am picking up police frequency from fort walton beach/navarre. I have no clue what i'm doing lol. All help is much appreciated! thanks!!

areeceepb

I was just in Destin last week and a majority of what monitored Okaloosa County Sheriff South and Fort Walton Beach. Being in Niceville, you'll probably end up getting the same freq. I got.. unless your closer to a Okaloosa County Sheriff North Tower.

Basically, all you have to do is push the the program button until you get to the channel you desire. Type in the frequency and click on E. Your frequency will be saved in the memory under that channel.

Here are a few frequencies to help you out...
460.47500--Sheriff South
460.300--Sheriff North
154.860--Fire South
462.950--EMS Toneouts
460.525--Sheriff Tac2 (South)

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=361

There is the RR database for frequencies in your area.

Hope this helps!

CharityDC

Thank you very much for your quick reply! I will do what you said and will see how it goes! Hopefully i have been blessed with my dad's intelligence. lol If i get stuck i will be back!!! lol and thanks again!

areeceepb

Hey no problem! And sorry to hear about your dad. Hopefully his hobby of monitoring will pass along to you now!

Have fun.. there is a lot of action down there, especially this time of the year with Spring Break and all! If you need anymore help with Okaloosa or surrounding counties just holler at me! Cya.

areeceepb

BTW, to monitor the weather, all you have to do is press the E button until the WX channels pop up. I believe that the first WX channel will be the one that will benefit you the most. We came back home from Destin last Saturday and it came a raging storm! I even got a Special Marine Warning on my Pro-96 that I had at the time. That was a neat event, as I usually wont get those living in Kentucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.