help programming a radioshack pro-2051

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonypl056

hi again guys, well i am having issues trying to program this pro-2051 i have recently received. i have the programming software (ARC433) and the programming cable. and of course my connection to our data base. and so far. no matter how i try to get it to work it doesn't.
can someone please help me out with this? please p/m me if possible. i am trying to set up the carrollton Texas system. maybe some out here in the area can help.

thanks tons guys...

Tony..

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Be more specific about the problems you are having. There's not enough information here to diagnose it. Are you having problems with making the connection to the scanner? Are you using a USB cable? Which one? Did you load drivers? Are you having problems understanding how to program trunked systems?

Too many questions; other 2051 owners (I'm not one) can then jump in 73 Mike

tonypl056

ok i guess i should have been more detailed, no problems connecting, data to and from the scanner is fine. my issue is trying to import selected items from the database. once i connect i choose the state, the system, trunking, yada, yada, yada, when i import stuff to the grid the only thing that shows up is the freq's.
nothing else, and then if i send it to the radio the sending works but no data is on the radio after all that. the id's and other stuff are missing and of course i am not hearing anything period.
i hope that opens it up a little more...any ideas guys?

thx.
Tony

Bucko

Are you importing for a LTR system? If so there is an issue with the 2051 & ARC433 uploading the Talk Groups for LTR to the 2051.This should not effect you in the ID search mode. You say ID's, do you mean TG (talk groups)? The import works fine for me, it imports TG's just fine.

tonypl056

Hi Bucko, i am trying to import a mot. type 2 system it's based in carrollton TX.
for some reason, when i select the items i need it only imports the freqs. nothing else comes with it.
i don't know, iv'e never had this much issue programming any radio.

Bucko

I do know you need to use the Mono adapter that comes with the 20-047 USB cable for it to work with a 2051(you need it for it to work correctly). I don't have the 2051 in the house to test it with your system.

Bucko

Yes it can be done by hand and have done so myself however software does make it easier if you understand the software which most are easy to use. It can be a lengthy job doing all those Talk Groups by hand. Most of the Uniden banked scanners program the same way (2051 is Uniden) and once you are use to them they are easy.

tonypl056

hey guys,thanks for the input, yes i have everything needed to do this, software, programming cables,mono cable Etc. like i said once i select the items i need and imort them, all i get is the freq's. i had seriously thought about programming it by hand but where i spent $$$ getting everything i needed to do this by pc. i figured i should at least venture it and see what happens,i hate to think that i invested in this radio and the stuff to go with it and find out it is a P I A, and a waste of my time...

tonypl056

lol, ok thats not the point, if it's that easy to do by hand then it should be super easy using the programming software that i paid good money for not to mention the added expense of buy the darn programming cable for it but thanks for the input guys, i guess this is a battle i have to fight on my own.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Worked with Tony on the phone today and got him going scanning the system he wanted to. The Pro2051 is not the easiest scanner to program at first and operate but we did get it done. With this radio the user needs to step through menus and as usual, the manual does not explain it very well.

tonypl056

YES! a huge thank you to Doug for all his help!!! i appreciate everyones help and input on this problem i was having i agree that this radio and it's manual are truely major PITA's without question i guess i am spoiled with software that does all the changes for me where this ARC433 does not. but it's up and running for now maybe someday i'll get something newer, lol.
thanks again guys for everything.

peace!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.