Help programming BCT15X with ARC15

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghotion

(I am completely new to scanning and am trying to learn all the jargon.)

My son bought me a BCT15X. It was not preprogrammed (except it seems to have state police frequencies for each state). I bought ARC15 from Butel. I bought a paid subscription to RadioReference.com. I've tried to read the ARC15 manual and the BCT15X manual. The ARC15 manual doesn't reflect the latest screenshots etc., and I find it difficult to follow. Nonetheless, I think I've done the following:

Set up a profile containing several systems (some systems for my home in Mass and some for my vacation spot in FL). I imported the systems from the RadioReference DB. Some are conventional & some are trunked. The BCT15X is connected via the comm1 port and I am communicating. Everything seems to be OK, but...

When I try to 'send data' to the BCT15X, it first tries to read (works but finds nothing), then starts to send. The unit shows 'Remote Mode, Keypad Lock', but I then get the error "Error Creating New System" - rather cryptic, I would say. I've tried sending single systems, all systems - it doesn't seem to matter; I always get that error (note that I set the flags

I suspect I'm doing something wrong, but the error message is really no help at all. Any ideas on how I should troubleshoot this?

welshy9

Premium Subscriber
sorry to bring up a old thread but i have this too ,

Ive just baught and paid for Arc15 Pro please advise on where i can get the compattable software as it shows on the site that it will work with the bct15x and will the keys worh with that software also

manny thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
sorry to bring up a old thread but i have this too ,

Ive just baught and paid for Arc15 Pro please advise on where i can get the compattable software as it shows on the site that it will work with the bct15x and will the keys worh with that software also

manny thanks

It doesn't show anywhere on the Butel website that ARC15 PRO will work with the BCT15X.

If you do have the BCT15X scanner, ARC-XT is listed there as the software you need for that scanner.

The keys are not interchangeable, you will have to purchase the correct version for your scanner.

It's also recommended on the Butel website that you use the 30 day free trial to be sure you are happy with the software before you purchase it.

Check the listings for the correct software here:

http://www.butel.nl/download_us.html

welshy9

Premium Subscriber
yea just noticed that maybe butel will swap the codes ? as ive emailed them withing 10 mins of paying ?

Status
Not open for further replies.