Help programming in tri cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

firedude123

I have a BC796D scanner, a guy at my FD programmed it for me using the computer. I am not sure what software. I just need to add a tac channel to Richmond and would like to add Richmond ambulance and also VSP. I am clueless when it comes to programming trunk. If anyone can help that would be great.

W4UVV

796D Programing

I also have an old 796D that I seldom use. I can program your 796D. Because the 796D is older technology it has limitations with STARS reception being the most notable. In order to receive any STARS voice transmissions the voice repeater frequencies must be programed as conventional frequencies. Sometimes it works ok and at other times not so good as occasionally voice repeaters "hang" and do not drop transmission or the signal is a temporary data burst which can be very annoying.

I also live in Prince George near Ft. Lee. Send me a PM with your name and phone number.

John
W4UVV

W4UVV

796D Programing

I have a BC796D scanner, a guy at my FD programmed it for me using the computer. I am not sure what software. I just need to add a tac channel to Richmond and would like to add Richmond ambulance and also VSP. I am clueless when it comes to programming trunk. If anyone can help that would be great.

Ok..will do.

John
W4UVV

Status
Not open for further replies.