Help programming scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidtaylor30

I have no idea why my scanner does not download the new information from this site. I must say I thought I did everything correct but as of now I have no clue of how to update the re-banded channels for Broward County Fl. I guess I need step by step instructions. Completely lost. Uniden 396t

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have no idea why my scanner does not download the new information from this site. I must say I thought I did everything correct but as of now I have no clue of how to update the re-banded channels for Broward County Fl. I guess I need step by step instructions. Completely lost. Uniden 396t

The BCD396T will not download information from this site.

You will need a software such as FreeSCAN to download the information.

You will then use the FreeSCAN to upload the information to your scanner.

If you inquire in the Florida Forum someone in your area may know the rebanding procedure, which may just be a simple frequency change, which could be done on the radio keypad.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
In addition, you need the latest firmware for your 396T. Out of the box, the firmware won't support rebanding.

Unfortunately the process of updating the firmware is something of a royal pain. Go to the Uniden TWiki (link below; links are always blue) and follow the instructions precisely. Don't skip anything...

BCD396TFirmwareUpdate < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

and from our own Wiki, some common Q&A about the firmware update process

Updating the Firmware in Uniden DMA Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

HTH...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.