• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help! programming tk-260

Status
Not open for further replies.

77rrt

Hopefully someone can help me. I have the KP56D program and have successfully programed a number of 8 ch tk-260g radios. I screwed something up with the latest radio, a TK-260G(N). The program keeps saying wrong model even though it did start to work once and I was able once to see what was in the radio. Now, all the radio does on power up is emit tone on all channel and the LED flashes red/amber.
I am still able to communicate fine with my other radios, so I know the software/cable are fine. Can anyone help?

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Something got boogered writing to that radio. Read one of the radios that work, then use that info to write to the bad radio. The program will say "model mismatch, overwrite?" and then press yes.

Writing info to the wrong model will screw things up, but in this case it is the same model so it should clean things up and the radio will again know it's a 260G.

77rrt

thanks for your help

I tried that to no avail it just keeps saying "wrong model type"

thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.