Help programming trunk system

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnmsales

Please help. Pretty confused and need something answered.

Ok so lets see if i understand the basics. First you have to enter the data channel in to program. Ive noticed with the stuff for my area there are sometimes several diff data channels? There is the red one which is prime, but then sometimes there are more. Do i need to enter all of these or is the red one enough? Why is there more than one? Also for some of them there isnt a red one? Also what if there is more then one red one. Again, confusing?

Secondly I have to program the talk IDs in, this will be different depending on the system im programming.

Thats it, any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

kayi4cle

Premium Subscriber
First you select the system type. Then you program the control channel(s) and alternate(s) (enter all red and blue frequencies). At this point (and assuming you are in "open" mode - search rather than scan - or whatever it's referred to by the particular manufacturer of the scanner you are using, and assuming you have it set to "control channel only" if this is necessary with your particular radio), you should be able to hear all active traffic on the system (unless it's a digital system (or encrypted) and your radio is analog).

These are very simplified and generalized comments, considering I don't know what radio you have or what type of system it is you are referring to. And, depending on your results (or lack thereof) you may want to ask specific programming questions in the forum for the radio you are using (GRE, Uniden, or Radio Shack). Hope this helps, and best of luck.

jrholm

and that is for a motorola trunked system, if it's EDACS or LTR you may have to program the freq's in their LCN.............................just to throw a wrench in the works..........

N8IAA

LCN? And how do you tell?

Go to the RR database and look up the system you want to program. It will show what channel slots the frequencies need to go into (the first channel is always skipped: 000, 100, 200, etc.). Example: Bank 1, channel 101, and what ever the channel plan is. Since you have not mentioned what triple trunking scanner you have...........Most of the new analog and digital scanners when you put in frequencies for an EDACS system, will automatically put them into the correct order.
HTH,
Larry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.