Help Programming Uniden Home Patrol-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cblucky13

Just received this scanner and I cannot get the Police or County Digitial Trunked Frequencies. All I seem to be able to receive is the same as my old analog scanner receives. Please Help!

mciupa

Hi cblucky13, welcome to RadioReference :)

Do you have the latest Database version uploaded and written to HomePatrol through your Sentinel programming?

I went also to our database here and checked the location of your town and saw if it is in the footprint of a tower and verified that it would be in Dayton's footprint.
Have a look here: RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

You can also get help on the HomePatrol discussion forums :

Forum List - HomePatrol Discussion Forums

Good Luck :)

mciupa

Forgot to mention that replacing the stock antenna with perhaps RadioShack's 800 MHz antenna may help as well. You will also need to purchase a BNC to SMA connector to attach it.

cblucky13

Thank You for welcoming me. I am really NEW at this scanner. It is for some friends in Richmond, IN. and New Paris, OH. area. I am also, not the most computer friendly person. I know that I plugged in the computer cord and it did something on the computer. However, I still did not get the frequencies that I wanted. I know that Richmond, IN went to Digital, Trunking, 800mhz frequencies about May of 2010. I also, have some of these frequencies, I think, but I could not figure out how to enter more than 1 of them into the Favorites List, and I never did receive any calls on the ones that I entered. My son said that he would look at the scanner for me and see if he could Help! (He is a lot beter with computers than I am). However, I think that we are going to need all the Help that we can get from anyone out there, that can explain this to us in layman terms. I will have the scanner back here with me tomorrow. Perhaps, if it is in front of me and someone could Help , that would be great! I can't help but think that I am making this harder than it really is! I have had several scanners before and never had this problem, but none of them were Digital or Trunking! Thank You Again for whatever Time and Help that anyone can give me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.