Help programming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNickster

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden BCD996XT, and I want to program a P25 System into it using FreeScan, but I don't know how to use that software. Can someone please walk me through how to use it?

Thanks.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden BCD996XT, and I want to program a P25 System into it using FreeScan, but I don't know how to use that software. Can someone please walk me through how to use it?

Thanks.
What system are you wanting to program?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Conventional
The FreeScan user guide is in the Wiki.

The thing that usually trips people up trying to create a "P25" conventional system is the "view".

From the starting screen of FreeScan:
Either open your existing file that you want to add a conventional P25 to, or if starting from zero, click "File-New" (shortcut keys <CTRL> + <N>)

Now, click the "New SYS" button. That's on the top menu bar, just to right of the printer icon.

You'll get a dialog box asking of you want a conventional system, or a specific 'flavor' of trunked system. Choose conventional, and give it a name.

See this page for step by step instructions, and screen shots. This is from the user guide.

You can then add groups to your system (the New GRP button on the top menu bar) if you want to spread them out, like a separate fire & police group. Remember that the text in the display will alternate between whatever you name the system, and the group name. The actual channel's text tag will be on the next line, and will not alternate with anything.

Note" Be sure to "uncheck" the box for "Simple View". That will expand out your channel editing choices, so that you can enter your NAC codes, if known, and set the display colors. See the attached file for a short P25 conventional file.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
How do you use EZ-Grab in CONV mode?
Take a look at this user guide page, especially the screen shots.

I've never used the EZ-Grab, since I just use "import", as a subscriber. However, looking at the notes, and the layout when you hit the button to bring up the screen, apparently, you highlight the data from the web page table you want to import, then use the selection drop downs at the top of the screen (of the copied data) to denote which field each table column goes to. But, as I said, I have not used this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.