• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnpayette

I am trying to program an XTS500 and keep getting this error. There is a mismatch between the voice files in the codeplug and the voice files in the radio. You must enable the view>options>channel announcement options>read/write Voice files option to proceed. How do I do this??

EWC_BDN

Are you trying to use Voice annoucement?

I never used Voice announcement on that line of radios, but the way it works if you have files on the radio and the Codeplug points to those files. The radio might not have those files. looks like you could follow the path it gives you and enable that option and it will write the VA files in when you write the radio. unless the files aren't on your computer either.

If you're not using it, i would play around in that area of the code plug and in the personality assignment zone and disable voice announcement wherever i see it.

again that's under voice announcement and under personality assignment. Probably check the personalities too for a voice announcement tab too.

Johnpayette

I am not trying to use voice announcements don't really know what it's for. My buddy charges me $40 to do programming but trying to learn on my own. He won't show me what he does

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Turn off all voice announcement features. VA gets boring after the first minute, and really annoying within 5 minutes.

If using the VA features, you have to have a copy of every VA file that the radio's proramming calls for. If I remember that correctly.

Best to just delete it all.

EWC_BDN

The exact path the message told you would be the place i would start? just start clicking around my friend that's how everyone else learned to do this. or press F1 and search for it. you can save the CP the code plug before you make changes if you're worried, but don't be.

I'm not kidding when i say most people learned to program most radio features like that. by guessing and clicking around till the figured it out. If you press F1 while you have an option highlighted it bring you right to the help page that describes it. It will tell you all the requirements usually too.

do i get $40 yet?

Johnpayette

I would follow the path but I dont see view. Options etc on the top of my PC in CPS just the Icons to read and write to radio etc? its in tree view?

Last edited:

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Well now it says serial number doesn't match :rolleyes:
If you're trying to write a codeplug from one radio to another, you must use the clone feature instead of the write button. Model number and feature set (Flashcode) must match completely (and firmware needs to be close) or you won't be able to clone.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Where do I find the va feature to turn off
Do what it said in your beginning post. The menu bar, It says File, View, Tools, Help. Top of the screen of CPS. to View-Options-Channel Announcement Options-Tick the boxes. Read the radio, open the codeplug, whatever it is. Go to Radio Config -Radio Wide and theres the check box for it. It says Channel Announcement

Last edited:

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Read your radio first. Save the codeplug as a backup. Edit your radio's own codeplug and not that of some other radio. This way you'll definitely have what you need to get started and won't have any serial number or feature conflicts.

Johnpayette

I WISH I COULD JUST PAY SOMEOME IN HOUSTON TO TEACH ME. I HAVE ALL THESE CHANNELS PROGRAMMED IN AND WANT TO SHARE THEM WITH OTHER RADIOS o_O

gary123

The troubles your having are exactly why people dont want to share codeplugs or details on how to make them. Its a uphill battle. for what little help it is read/save your current codeplug than you can go back to it if needed.

Create a blank codeplug delete all but one of the trunking and conventional personalities. Fix any invalid fields the CPS throws up. Next create 2 conventional personalities (freq does not matter) go to the conventional frequency and add in a different VA for each channel. Program the radio and verify it works as expected. The VA announces on changing the channels. Build on that until your familiar with doing conventional. Next move on to trunking. You will find the basic VA setup is identical.

Johnpayette

The troubles your having are exactly why people dont want to share codeplugs or details on how to make them. Its a uphill battle. for what little help it is read/save your current codeplug than you can go back to it if needed.

Create a blank codeplug delete all but one of the trunking and conventional personalities. Fix any invalid fields the CPS throws up. Next create 2 conventional personalities (freq does not matter) go to the conventional frequency and add in a different VA for each channel. Program the radio and verify it works as expected. The VA announces on changing the channels. Build on that until your familiar with doing conventional. Next move on to trunking. You will find the basic VA setup is identical.
i WILL SHARE MY CODEPLUG IF SOMEONE CAN TELLME HOW. i FOUND OUT WINDOWS 7 ON MY LAPTOP DOESNT SHOW THE WHOLE SCREEN

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
i WILL SHARE MY CODEPLUG IF SOMEONE CAN TELLME HOW. i FOUND OUT WINDOWS 7 ON MY LAPTOP DOESNT SHOW THE WHOLE SCREEN

First, why are you SHOUTING?

Second, several people have told you what to do, but it's pretty obvious that you have no clue what you're doing. Stop now before you change something that could get someone hurt or worse, and find a professional to do it for you. If the guy who programmed it for you for $40 won't fix the mistake he made, find somebody else, like a real radio shop.

And with that, I'm closing this thread as having exceeded it's useful life.

Status
Not open for further replies.