Help: ProScan Webserver Stream to Android device

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanphreak

I have Proscan 5.6 on my windows 7 machine, and currently I have the web server enabled and I have no problem getting the web server on Dauphin HD browser on my Android device, however when I click on the "listen" link I get a message saying nothing available to play this file format.

I downloaded ServeStream and it allows me to launch the stream into the player, it says it's playing, but at the same time it says "opening file" with the spinning blue wheel. Eventually it times out and says it can't play this file type. The url is: http://xx.xxx.xx.xxx/ProScan.mp3

The server is working perfectly, I can listen to the stream via winamp on any of my computers. Just can't find an app for my android that will actually play the stream.

So has anyone had success with this? What apps are you using to listen to the ProScan Webserver stream. By the way, I tried both with and without a password.

scanphreak

I tried that program and it's not working. When i went to add a channel I provided the URL which is basically my stream's ip address with http:// in front of it and it wouldn't accept it.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I tried that format and it worked as saving the channel to AOR. I had to use http://xxx.xx.xxx.xxx/ProScan.m3u however when I click on that added channel in my favorites it loads up buffers but immediately stops after that.

There was a problem with the version 5.5 burst buffer causing media players not to connect. A few had emailed me on this and tested the fix and all is working now.

scanphreak

There was a problem with the version 5.5 burst buffer causing media players not to connect. A few had emailed me on this and tested the fix and all is working now.

I'm using ProScan V5.6 I downloaded it just a few days ago, I'm testing it out right now during the 30 day trial. I already use your radiofeed program for a feed, and I plan to add a couple more feeds but in the mean time I'm just trying to use the built in feed tab on proscan. I have no problem accessing it from any computer using winamp. Just for whatever reason no matter what I use on my Motorola Droid 3 either won't connect or like AOR it'll connect briefly then go to buffering and stop.

Keep in mind, I'm not feeding through ice/shoutcast etc. This is straight from my computer's public IP, and I know it's not a firewall issue because others can connect to it just fine.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm using ProScan V5.6 I downloaded it just a few days ago, I'm testing it out right now during the 30 day trial. I already use your radiofeed program for a feed, and I plan to add a couple more feeds but in the mean time I'm just trying to use the built in feed tab on proscan. I have no problem accessing it from any computer using winamp. Just for whatever reason no matter what I use on my Motorola Droid 3 either won't connect or like AOR it'll connect briefly then go to buffering and stop.

Keep in mind, I'm not feeding through ice/shoutcast etc. This is straight from my computer's public IP, and I know it's not a firewall issue because others can connect to it just fine.

The burst buffering problem was fixed a few days ago in version 5.7 which hasn't been released yet. If there are other problems, email is most efficient way to resolve them as I can ask questions and send out test files until fixed.

scanphreak

do you have an estimated time for releasing that version?

I also ran into another issue. I used the database for the first time to download data from RR into my BC346xt for a MOT 800mhz trunking system. I had everything checked to import, and it imported just fine to proscan's database, I then sent it to the bc346xt. However even though the talkgroup text tags are listed the TGID has 000-0 in all of them with a (DEC) in the bottom corner of the screen. So for whatever reason it didn't copy the actual talkgroup id's like one id is 3216 but in the scanner it's just 000-0 (DEC).

I'm not sure this is a problem yet, I only tried one time to use the database to upload to the scanner. I just got the scanner the other day and the (xt) has many other features that a (t) model doesn't so there is a learning curve still. Just thought I would throw this out there in case you have any wisdom on why the imported TGIDs didn't actually get put into the scanner.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
do you have an estimated time for releasing that version?

I also ran into another issue. I used the database for the first time to download data from RR into my BC346xt for a MOT 800mhz trunking system. I had everything checked to import, and it imported just fine to proscan's database, I then sent it to the bc346xt. However even though the talkgroup text tags are listed the TGID has 000-0 in all of them with a (DEC) in the bottom corner of the screen. So for whatever reason it didn't copy the actual talkgroup id's like one id is 3216 but in the scanner it's just 000-0 (DEC).

I'm not sure this is a problem yet, I only tried one time to use the database to upload to the scanner. I just got the scanner the other day and the (xt) has many other features that a (t) model doesn't so there is a learning curve still. Just thought I would throw this out there in case you have any wisdom on why the imported TGIDs didn't actually get put into the scanner.

No ETA but email me so I can confirm that the Web Server connection problem is fixed and can move on. Email me the other problem too with the URL of the system that is experiencing that problem and I can take a look at it.

scanphreak

Ok I'll email you. Also I found the other problem. For what ever reason when I imported the site, which is the Slidell, LA 800mhz trunked system the FLEETMAP had a row of D's in it. And after importing it I discovered that the Fleetmap block codes all had the number 4 in it. I changed all of them to 0 and now the correct talkgroup id's are loaded in the scanner. I think this is an issue with something on RR db and how it was entered into it, because no other MOT 800 system I've imported gave me that issue. I added 2 screen shots to show what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• import-capture1.PNG
    import-capture1.PNG
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,112
  • import-capture2.PNG
    import-capture2.PNG
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,152

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Version 5.7 fixed my issue with streaming to an android. 2 thumbs up Bob! I'll be looking forward to it's release.

It was the burst buffer added to the Web Server streaming audio in 5.6 which was causing problems. Anyone that is using 5.5 and the Web Server feature can try the pre-release version 5.7

http://www.proscan.org/ProScan.zip
Download, unzip, copy the executable over the original.

Version 5.7 Pre-Released
  • Fixed - Web Server - Burst buffer was causing some media players not to connect.

kma371

QRT
I'm trying to stream to my android device but I can't figure out how to connect.

What website do I use? I tried using my IP address but that doesn't work.

RickLeb

I'm trying to stream to my android device but I can't figure out how to connect.

What website do I use? I tried using my IP address but that doesn't work.

Are you using the Proscan Webserver as suggested by the title of this thread, or are you using something different?

What software are you using on your Android device?

Did you try and connect to the server over your internal LAN or are you trying a connection over the Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.