Help RC20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Softhead

I find the manual extremely confusing.

How do I set search parameters, for example search all frequencies from 118.000 to 137.000 am with a step rate of 8.33 or 12.5?

Also, how do I add specific channels into memory so that I can scan them.

I've tried for hours and can't work it out with the supplied manual.

I'm in the UK, just want to scan and search Civil Air, military air and PMR.

Thanks

Softhead

Icom Rc20

Does anyone know of an alternative manual besides the one supplied with the product, it's extremely confusing and I've noticed some errors, such as when they say Left. Dial, they mean right Dial and Vice Versa

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

WayneThomas

I am looking for a program on CD to program a R-2 Icom scanner. Does anyone know where I can find one?

WayneThomas

R2 programming

Thanks Trapp5858. I will give the software a try.
The floppy doesn't work any more.

washport

Icom software

Hi I have just recently bought some software for my Icom R5 from Butel Software in the
Netherlands Its brilliant !!! I am no computer buff or techie but the software is so easy to use plus
Good support via Email Anyone looking for programming software for most makes of radios
Have a look at Butel

strongman17

Despite following the instruction manual, the Nifty manual and the Wiki, I am still having issues programming frequencies (i.e. for flight demonstration teams, local airports, etc.) on the R-20.

Upon entering the frequency, holding down MR for a second, the text changes to a smaller font (as there's more info on the screen. A different frequency comes up, but I'm in the mode where you can enter bank, channel, etc. ... just not for the frequency I entered. Now, the AOR 8200 Mk III is tough, I had hoped one might be more intuitive.

Any ideas on this? I did a reset before re-trying, just to clear anything out that may have been there. Holy cow this is frustrating... esp. because neither receiver is (a) that simple and (b) that instructions aren't great. I figure someone out here had programmed the R-20 and probably the 8200 MkIII. Following the R-20 Wiki, I'm still either stupid or missing some step. Any guidance is welcomed!

Thanks!

J

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
It is a pretty complicated radio- they call it a professional receiver! I program mine using software. I have never tried anything but the dual scan by hand. You are not stupid- the instructions are very poor. It can be done I guess. Have you looked on youtube for videos? I know there are some that are helpful but may not answer your question.

strongman17

Thank you. I realize the essence of what type of receiver it is. My previous receivers were the AOR AR1000 and AOR 8200 MKIII (the MKIII being as confusing, maybe a little less than the Icom). The AR1000 was infinitely more understandable. I'll try to find the cable and software you mentioned. My AR1000 was plenty capable, but is also over 10 years old. The technology/features incorporated into the IC-R20 and 8200 are tremendous, but man are the instruction manuals horrible... even for a detail-oriented, I.T. guy who is not entirely new to receivers. I appreciate your input and the sanity check. I think the software and cable is likely the smarter way to go (or at least I can be learning and getting the receiver functional/usable in tandem).

:) J

Status
Not open for further replies.