Help!! Sacramento Trunked System Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

eccradiotec

I am having problems hearing the Sacramento fire talk groups. Is county and city fire talk groups going to be digital or will they remain analog.

Are all the sites up because I don't see a control channel for the City system today?
This morning I heard the dispatch on county but heard no engines on A-6.

Thanks

kma371

QRT
I am having problems hearing the Sacramento fire talk groups. Is county and city fire talk groups going to be digital or will they remain analog.

Are all the sites up because I don't see a control channel for the City system today?

Thanks

Do you have the most current freqs in your scanner. They recently rebanded. Double check the DB

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

eccradiotec

Yes,

I programmed the radio off the DB , I am also trying a 396t with the same problems. Should I choose Apco 25 or mot type 2 in the set up when programming. Also is fire going digital or have they?

eccradiotec

can you send me a file for either the 396t or bc15 also if the radio takes the program with the rebanded frequencies. Does that mean the radio does not require the firmware upgrade or could an older Uniden bc15 or 396t take the programming with out the firmware upgraded and the scanner will not work?

To reiterate: will the program from Butel give you a fault window if the radio's firmware is not upgraded. Or will it take the program anyways?

Ben96cal

I don't use butel so no file to give you... It'll take the programming... firmware should be 1.06 for rebanding for the BCT15

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Srrcs & a6

Your guess is as good as ours but they are presently analog.

They are up. The city and county each have an active control channel .. in the 853.x MHz range (not the old 868.x MHz range).

Note that A6 is a Metro fire (aka county) TG and is most often only available on the county system. You may or may not receive them from a city site.... just as B6 is most often only available from a city site and not available from a county site.

eccradiotec

More Problems.

Hello All:

I did the firmware upgrade.....Today everything worked great , I heard all city and county talk groups. Than at 8:30 it went silent....What gives?

After the firmware upgrade I installed the latest frequencies off the DB. I selected Motorola Type 2.

Is there any other adjustments I need to do? For instance do I need to set the band?

Very Confused.....and not liking NEXTEL Right Now!

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
download FREESCAN
get premium radio ref sub
import the system right into freescan
it does it all for you in about 3 clicks
i dont know why people would use anything else

kma371

QRT
download FREESCAN
get premium radio ref sub
import the system right into freescan
it does it all for you in about 3 clicks
i dont know why people would use anything else

Agreed. Lots of people are having issues. Freescan is easy and simple. I've had ZERO issues programming my stuff. And I'm not even importing from the DB :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.