Help Saving a Profile on an HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
I'm having some trouble saving a profile. I have 2 HP's one for the car and the other for my home. I created 2 profiles
HP-Car and HP-Home. So for my home I'm saving as HP-Home. I'll then remove a couple of favorite's and save as HP-Car... but when I open HP-Home.. expecting to see the favorites I deleted they are not there. Looks the same as HP-Car... I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere??

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm having some trouble saving a profile. I have 2 HP's one for the car and the other for my home. I created 2 profiles
HP-Car and HP-Home. So for my home I'm saving as HP-Home. I'll then remove a couple of favorite's and save as HP-Car... but when I open HP-Home.. expecting to see the favorites I deleted they are not there. Looks the same as HP-Car... I'm sure I'm missing a step somewhere??

Favorites lists are the same across all profiles. The settings you assign to them are stored in the different profiles, such as download, monitor etc.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Presuming that Sentinel for HP operates like Sentinel for the x36 scanners, when you remove a Favorites List, it is gone for good.

If I'm ever tempted to remove a Favorites List, before doing so, I'll export it to an HPE file. That way if I want to recover it later, it can be done.

In your situation, the better option would be to edit the profile and set Monitor to Off in the Scan Selection tab, for those Favorites Lists you don't want to monitor.

Another option, which I prefer, presuming you have a FL Quick Key assigned to those FLs you don't want to listen to, is this. Click on the Quick Keys status tab and uncheck the box associated with that FLQK. That way the FL is still in the scanner, but it won't scan unless you turn that FLQK on.

I'm in the similar situation, but with 536s. One is in the car, the other in the house. Some things I want to listen to in the house - but not in the car. I use the FLQK default option, because there could be an occasion where I might want to listen to something that is by default off.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The Home Patrol does not have the option of of using Quick Keys. That was an added feature for the x36 series.

But, in the Profile settings, as noted, you can set the two profiles to download, and or monitor, different Favorites Lists. All the lists will show in the Profile editor, but you can turn off both download and monitor for ones you don;t use on a specific profile. You can also have one profile set to use the main database, the other t not use it.

Exporting a Favorites list before deletion is a good idea to create an additional backup, if desired.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!

The profiles are the scanner settings like which service types you want to listen to, listen location, etc--the stuff you see in the Edit Profile dialog. Favorites lists are a completely separate dataset and are not affected by profile settings, or the number of profiles you create.

Status
Not open for further replies.