HELP !: Scans but never stops on a call after 7 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acope

I had a person from Uniden help me over the phone program my Uniden BC355N for 2 different counties. It sat on my desk all day 7 hours and only stopped on a channel one time and no one talked? .It has the "Private" blinking and the word "Scan" going across the screen continually. Is that normal to go all day and not hear any calls? It's set for Police and Fire??? HELP.....

JamesO

What are you trying to monitor?

State/City/County?

Name of agency/agencies?

Have you tested for Weather Channels

acope

I am trying to monitor Police and Fire in 2 different counties.... Coweta and Fayette in Georgia. . I called Uniden and they helped me step by step to add the channels BUT nothing ever comes through?? Something just isn't right??

JamesO

Looks like Cowta may be on a P25 Trunked system - Western Area Regional Radio System Authority (WARRS) Trunking System, Carollton, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies

Fayette also seems to use an Analog Motorola Type II Smartnet system - Fayette County Public Safety MOT Trunking System, Fayette County, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies

So your scanner will not support these systems.

Although there are standard Analog channels allocated, they may only be used as backups.

You really need a Digital Trunking Scanner.

To stay current, I would look at the 436/536HP, 996P2, or the HomePatrol 2

acope

Thank you for your help. I looked at one scanner HomePatrol2 but was pretty expensive...$500. This is a scanner for my 78 year old mom.... Any other scanners you would recommend that are less expensive? What is the brand of the 436/536HP, or the 996P2... I am totally lost at this. She just wants to sit and have something really simple to hear Fire and Police in her area....Thanks for any help you can give me... Amy

JamesO

They are all Uniden scanners..

You might be able to get a used 396T handheld or a 996T since this is not a super user situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.