Help Setting Up a New Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
I need help setting up a new profile in my 536. I'm purchasing a 2nd radio for my car and want completely different favorite places then my home unit. IS it possible to start out with a blank page and add the FP's I want or do I have to work off my default profile.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I need help setting up a new profile in my 536. I'm purchasing a 2nd radio for my car and want completely different favorite places then my home unit. IS it possible to start out with a blank page and add the FP's I want or do I have to work off my default profile.
Short answer is no.

You can create a new profile to use for your car. All of your current Favorite lists are listed on any Sentinel profile on the same PC. But, when saving the new profile under a new name, you can select different combinations of the favorites lists to download and/or monitor, a different location if you so desire, different service types enabled, different opening screen display. Pretty much whatever you want, except that Sentinel will always show all of your Favorites, regardless of which profile you are in. Before you start, save your current profile (the default name is 'Default'), using a new name if you want. Say "Home" for the scanner used at home. Once you modify that as far as lists to monitor, location, whatever else you want to set differently, then save the resulting modified profile under a different name. You could call it "Car" or "Mobile" to designate it's usage.

Don't delete Favorites lists to create a 'blank page' to start, as doing so, you are deleting from your pc, and thus no longer accessible from any profile.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
Thanks I understand now. It looks like I cannot change the order of my FP's in a new profile.
Correct??

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks I understand now. It looks like I cannot change the order of my FP's in a new profile.
Correct??
I had never tried that, but just did as a test. The order shows to be the same as whatever the last order saved is set. It will not switch back and forth between profiles.
Also, slight correction to what I noted above: The Default profile is named Preset, not Default.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm in a similar situation with one scanner in the house and another in the car.

What I did was use the "House" Profile and Saved As "Car". (File>Save As)

My preference is for Favorites Lists to be the same for the "House" as I do the "Car". It's less confusing to me that way. Also when it comes to maintaining/updating, it's easier.

Now there are some differences - for example I want to scan Favorites List 1, 2 and 3 in the House, but only 1 and 2 in the car.

I set both Download and Monitor to On. However I'll use the Quick Keys Status tab for each profile. Those Favorites Lists I want to scan have their Quick Keys on by default and those I do not have their Quick Keys off by default.

That way all the Favorites Lists are in the scanner and accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.