Help sign my petition in Clarksville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Originaldash10

Feed Provider
Hello everyone, I’m currently sharing this petition to get better transparency for the Clarksville/Montgomery County, Tennessee area. Please help by signing it and sharing it with everyone else who lives in the area. Transparency is really lacking here and everyone deserves to have access to their radio channels. Thank you!

Petition: Sign the Petition

Last edited:

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
A- This kind of discussion isn't allowed any more, so I'm not going to rehash it. B- No, I don't. C- Monitoring the people that serve me is never a privilege.
You want to know what the public servants are doing file a FOIA..

medic9351301

Banned
people all i am going to say is the more you push. nothing is going to happen . your going to have to just suck it up and move on . they will do it when they want to not by a public petition . if you read the mississippi fourm about the highway patrol . you will see they unencp. by there own choice. AND NO LISTENING TO A SCANNER IS NOT A PRIVILEGE/RIGHT . grow up take the training pants/pull ups off and realize stuff happens out of your control .

surfacemount

Knox / Roane / Loudon counties, Tennessee
Respectfully,
Nothing happens out of our control, only when we, as the people, allow it to happen. Lack of us holding our end of the social contract is why we are where we are; it's not government, it is we the apathetic individual who is to blame.

I'm feeling verbose; perhaps they will allow a teeny bit more discussion.

I believe as a citizen, but also an end user on one government system and a system technician on another, there are two levels to the encryption debate, tactical and strategic. I always argue strategic; policy should reflect the will of the people with a view to protect our servants. But tactically, it is, and always will be, a cat-and-mouse game; With virtual machine processing and AI, the mousetrap no longer matters on a long enough timeline.

ToTheBitCave

Phreakness Monster
Premium Subscriber
I hear ya man. I’ve got an SDS200 paperweight and crime is still as rampant as ever despite encryption. Burglars are using lookouts (as opposed to listening to dispatch and the burglar alarm call going out over an encrypted tactical channel), so encrypting all of the channels has accomplished little in regards to stopping crime. I can understand encrypting the tactical channels, but all of the dispatch channels to include fire? :/

If there’s a wreck or something bad going on, I can avoid that area instead of contributing to the traffic jam (Yeah there’s Waze I guess, but fender bender vs something serious is hard to know when traffic is always slow). If there’s a BOLO, I can be an extra set of eyes and call it in if I’m out and about. Response times have always been a bit on the high side, and now it’s going to be a bit harder to measure that metric. I’m sure there’s going to be a snarky response headed my way from someone over my feelings of the issue, but ah well.

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you mean by offical feeds but I know that for Hamblen County E-911, dispatches and other communications are delayed by 2 minutes.

Broadcastify hosts individual feeds and official feeds that come directily from the agency, several that add in a delay function of 30 minutes or more to prevent listeners from hearing live or near live traffic.

KN4EHX

Premium Subscriber
Broadcastify hosts individual feeds and official feeds that come directily from the agency, several that add in a delay function of 30 minutes or more to prevent listeners from hearing live or near live traffic.
Can confirm Hamblen has approximately a 2 minute delay.

When the switch gets thrown to change over to TACN in the next couple months I’m uncertain how much will be put online. There will be some encryption, but I’m uncertain if e or E. Historically Hamblen is rather open to giving the public information.

Nashville posts their dispatch logs online with a delay. It at least works on keeping the public informed but I don’t suspect Hamblen will be as locked down when compared to Nashville Metro.

Status
Not open for further replies.