Help sign my petition in Clarksville

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
Fire Department/EMS is what I rely on in encrypted counties in North Carolina (that and State Highway Patrol as any large incident of interest they show up and I can get info for now unless NC Highway Patrol goes ENC during the phase 2 upgrades a few years from now. I'm learning now with more police cellphone/ipad usage.. only the critical stuff is going out over the air.. While nice to listen to the police.. its nothing like when I started listening in 1994. I am happy I was around for that era.

Can confirm Hamblen has approximately a 2 minute delay.

When the switch gets thrown to change over to TACN in the next couple months I’m uncertain how much will be put online. There will be some encryption, but I’m uncertain if e or E. Historically Hamblen is rather open to giving the public information.

Nashville posts their dispatch logs online with a delay. It at least works on keeping the public informed but I don’t suspect Hamblen will be as locked down when compared to Nashville Metro.

I personally just want to have the fire channels and the EMS channels because I like knowing about the wrecks that go on (I know that sometimes there isn't any wrecks for a bit) and for watching UTLIFESTAR and Wings from the hospital and airport (haven't been up to the Russellville LZ to watch) but I think EMS might be going encrypted and or trunked but as long as I've got a chance that isn't delayed or trunked to know about possible flights from town then I'll be happy and as long as I've got a way to listen to FD because the app makes me mad that I can't cut PD off if there's a call that may require a airlift and I'm waiting to hear if it's a launch, standby and where the LZ will be at if they do call for a aircraft but I've heard interesting things on PD channels.

Fire Department/EMS is what I rely on in encrypted counties in North Carolina (that and State Highway Patrol as any large incident of interest they show up and I can get info for now unless NC Highway Patrol goes ENC during the phase 2 upgrades a few years from now. I'm learning now with more police cellphone/ipad usage.. only the critical stuff is going out over the air.. While nice to listen to the police.. its nothing like when I started listening in 1994. I am happy I was around for that era.

I started listening when I was in elementary school and I remember listening about the race car crash in town (I was in middle school when that happened) and I didn't understand their codes and other stuff on the radio but now that I'm older, I understand and know what they're saying but I'm glad that I started listening when I did.

KN4EHX

Premium Subscriber
Completely understand what you mean. Now the PD and SO push a lot of their information over their laptops. BOLO and missing persons information would be a good example. While it is good for them it leaves the rest of us in the dark. As silly as it sounds I often hear of incidents from the media quicker than from our departments.

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
The only time I've seen fire fully encrypted is in some florida counties where the Sheriff who has ENC the main dispatch channels, also has control over Fire (as in administratively, its part of his job in these counties, he overseas a fire chief) and since most County Fire Departments in Florida do EMS also you'll see Fire and EMS and the Sheriff Encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.