HELP Strange Problem With My Bct996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
So here's the problem Im not getting SDSO Poway Dispatch on 34544 I know this is the correct TG#,Now I get Poway and Rural Dispatch both on TG# 34560,Now the 996T seems to be working just great on all of the other TG# I have programmed into the radio so this is kinda of a strange problem any help would be great,(P.S I also have a 396XT and Poway and Rural are being dispatched on 34544 its doing the opposite of the 996T is) Anyhow Thanks for any help or advice and I hope I did not confuse any of you

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Well, not knowing where in the Ramona area you are and what your 996's antenna system consists of, from the symptoms you listed it appears your 996 is monitoring a different RCS cell than your 396 is. Not all RCS talkgroups are allowed on all RCS cells. While the Poway and Rural TGs are normally patched together, they do have different cell permissions (with different coverage areas).

Don

SCPD

QRT
Well, not knowing where in the Ramona area you are and what your 996's antenna system consists of, from the symptoms you listed it appears your 996 is monitoring a different RCS cell than your 396 is. Not all RCS talkgroups are allowed on all RCS cells. While the Poway and Rural TGs are normally patched together, they do have different cell permissions (with different coverage areas).

Don
Well Im near Ramona Airport and the 996T is mobile in my car and Im running mag mount antenna,Also I was in Poway and it was doing the same down there also getting both Poway and Rural dispatch on TG# 34560 only nothing coming over Poway Dispatch TG# 34544 at all

carlt

I think it has to do with the way the radio decodes signals. Poway & Rural are patched almost all of the time (just like Lemon Grove & Imperial Beach and others when short of dispatchers or things are quiet). I have a 996T & 996XT mobile. I have seen CHP El Cajon & CHP Resident TGs at the same time, indicating that they are patched, but each radio shows a different TG. I have also seen the different TG show when they are coming in on the different simulcast sites(East or South).

SCPD

QRT
Well Thanks a bunch guy's for info,It just still seems strange to me that I get Poway Rural togather and I know they are patched on TG 34560 on my 996T and I get nothing from Poway D1 TG 34544,But then I get Poway Rural dispatch patched togather on my 396XT using TG 34544 and then Im not getting anything from TG 34560 on that radio, Both radio's are on the RCS North,O well I will just have to live with it I guess,Again Thanks for the info(P.S Its just crazy 1 radio does one thing and the other one does something different I think the Radio's are Possessed)

Status
Not open for further replies.