Help...Tarrant County (MOT Issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bad_ordered

So I purchased a Pro-164 and used the Win-97 software to upload the FTW Public Safety and around 150 different DEC ID's. Sometimes I get MOT: 07664 (or other numbers) and sometimes I get the actual tag i.e. South Division.

The banks can store 150 different DEC ID's. However, I am wondering if I am picking up frequencies I don't have programmed into the scanner software.

I am wondering how I remove the MOT: 07664 (and other numbers) from my scanner as these are channels I am not interested in. There are far more than 150 DEC ID's for the FTW frequencies and couldn't load them all up. So, am I stuck with getting those I don't have programmed in or is there something I can do?

Thanks in advance...

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I am not familiar with Win-97 software, but am aware of the size of the Ft. Worth database.

My assumption is that you pulled the data from RR into Win-97 and then uploaded to the radio. If Win-97 does not have an edit/move/copy capability get a program that does. Review what you have uploaded. Delete the talk IDs that don't have much traffic and add the ones that do. Which ones are that you ask? That's the part you will have to figure out based on what is important to you, spending time listening and reviewing the data. No quick or easy answers when there are more talk IDs than the radio can store.

Mike

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
So I purchased a Pro-164 and used the Win-97 software to upload the FTW Public Safety and around 150 different DEC ID's. Sometimes I get MOT: 07664 (or other numbers) and sometimes I get the actual tag i.e. South Division.

The banks can store 150 different DEC ID's. However, I am wondering if I am picking up frequencies I don't have programmed into the scanner software.

I am wondering how I remove the MOT: 07664 (and other numbers) from my scanner as these are channels I am not interested in. There are far more than 150 DEC ID's for the FTW frequencies and couldn't load them all up. So, am I stuck with getting those I don't have programmed in or is there something I can do?

Thanks in advance...
I suspect that the problem is not the software, since Win97 has been around quite a while, & most users swear by it.

I don't have the Pro-164, but what you describe sounds as if you are actually scanning the system in "open" bank mode. In open mode, it will pick up any talkgroup found on the system, not just the ones you have programmed into the talkgroup ID lists. For the one's you did download (via Win97) and load into the scanner, you will see the text tags. Those that you did not, you'll only see the talkgroup (07664 is Harris Southwest, and apparently used to communicate with Medstar), and MOT, since it's a Motorola system.

See the easier to read manual for tips on how to change the bank between "open" & "closed" mode. (Note that the online 'manual' refers to the Pro-97 & -2055, which were the predecessor models. Operationally, the newer units are the same as to the button functions.) In Closed mode, you'll only hear the talkgroups you have programmed (provided that you have not locked any of them out).

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
From your description, the scanner could be in the OPEN mode. Try changing to the CLOSED mode by pressing anf releasing the "F" key then the "." key.

Status
Not open for further replies.