Help Tecsun PL 990x

Spflowers92470

Premium Subscriber
I know I posted about my 990x going deaf on here before, I was just wondering if anyone knew about some place I can send this thing to get fixed. Before it went deaf on me, it was the absolute best AM radio that I have ever owned, great sensitivity, and selectivity. I would spend hrs late at night just listening for those far away dx signals. If I can get this thing fixed for under $150 I am willing to do it. Because it will save me a hundred bucks vs buying a new one. Shoot when I bought it, I got it when it 1st came out, I think I paid close to $350. I dont want to buy anything used, because I dont want to buy someone else's problem. Thanks in advance for any info

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If this is the case, there is a good chance that a blown component(s) in the RF amp has rendered your radio deaf. This can easily happen by touching the whip and you get a static zap or leaving the antenna connected during a TStorm. If you do find this to be the case and are able to get the radio fixed, there's an easy to build little box you can put on the external antenna lead in near where you plug it in to greatly reduce the chances of this happening. See this thread for more....

Mike