TRX-2: Help the new Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrangel

I just bought the trx-2. I downloaded the ezscan software from Whistler and installed. I bought a class 4 8gb sandisk sd card. My problem is the scanlists will not scan. I see the 5 I created set one, go back to menu hit scan it says nothing to scan. Is it something I am doing wrong? I start new config, Set alpha tag name, set v-scanner desc. Go to Library Import, preferred type, go to my city select the one I want Import to the channel. Did this 5 times to create 5 scanlists. Went to general and advanced to make sure they are enabled. set Scanlist 1-5. Prepared SD. Copy config to SD card. Copied Library to SD card. Put in scanner, turned on. Set location by City. Went to scanlist enabled one, then menu then scan. The get Nothing to scan. I have done this 3 times. wiped prg, deleted trx-2 dir in documents. formated sd card. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Are you setting the scanlist you want them put in when you go to the IMPORT screen? Then make sure you select the scan lists in the GENERAL SETTINGS tab/page before you upload configuration to the scanner.Also, make sure the scan set is selected in the ADVANCE tab/page.

jrangel

Yes, I do as I select the scanlist the alpha tag I named. I also make sure they are opening the v-scanner folder and they are listed. I made sure they are enabled on both tabs.

Last edited:

Ubbe

Go to the third tab, the Scanlist one, and check that you have your info there, not skipped all channels, and a scanlist number for each line. If you have trunked systems you have to go to the Trunked Radio Systems tab and check that it also looks ok with site frequencies and all talk groups have an assigned scanlist and so on.

/Ubbe

jrangel

When I open the program nothing is in there. Only fills when I open the v-folder it populates. The trunked is also empty.
Capture3.JPG

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Take a look at this HOW TO, it might help.

Attachments

• USING EZ SCAN TO IMPORT TRUNKED SYSTEMS.pdf
    733.6 KB · Views: 35

jrangel

Take a look at this HOW TO, it might help.
I want to publicly thank you. I have the scanner up and running. Your guide help me. My issue was creating CDAT folders and it was confusing the scanner. i followed your guide step by step and it worked! Again thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.