HELP this makes no sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmnewburn

Premium Subscriber
also after putting it in nothing really happened...just shows Alaska. So to put more frequencies in you have to go thru all the steps again?

menu
program system
new system
conventional
confirm
edit group
new group
edit channel
new channel
input 155.49 (or more)
then just hit scan

wtp

no

hold the top lest side button and hit l/o (lockout) twice fast.
also at 10 posts you may be able to get personal messages

russellmaher

KC1ANC
It looks like the scanner is tracking one of the pre-programmed systems that come in the scanner when you purchase it. I believe that would be SQK 21 Alaska ALMR.

Using the easier to read manual, see the "Copying/Deleting Systems item for instructions. You will have to delete the Systems that you aren't going to monitor.

Russell

kmnewburn

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure. I know it always says Alaska. we heard it for a minute what we programmed. then put in more frequencies and now nothing. so we will see.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
OK, but I know that you're not going to monitor any systems in the state of Alaska, or any of the other states that Uniden pre-programs at the factory. That means that you can delete those systems so the scanner will not waste time and memory trying to find communications on a system that is hundreds or thousands of miles away from NE.

How successful were you in programing the conventional system for your area?

Russell

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Remember that there are 26 systems in the 396XT that are programed at the factory and the scanner will spend time scanning those systems unless you go in and either lock them out or delete them.

You just might be missing out on hearing some action on the system that you programed while the scanner is trying to find action on those other systems. My suggestion is to get rid of them since they are of no use to you in Nebraska.

Also, can you tell me just what you have put into the scanner for a local system?

Russell

kmnewburn

Premium Subscriber
ok I will lock them out. otherwise if we turn the scanner off then it will be shown again when we turn it back on right? we put in 853.30000 and 154.38500 and 151.55000

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Yes that's correct - if you lock them out, they won't be scanned again unless you go back and un-lock the system. Or do a system delete and never see them again, your choice.

Now you've put in the following:

Cass county sheriff 853.3000 156.7 PL

Cass county fire 154.3850 114.8 PL

K-9 Search & Rescue 151.5500 No PL

Is this correct? Are you getting any communications on them?

kmnewburn

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure I should put in more. my zip code is 68048. if we turn the scanner off during the night then it will should all the states again when we turn it back on. right?

Status
Not open for further replies.