• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help to understand scrambling options in the icom 6062d cps ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moj

Hi ppl !

I could do with some help understanding the scrambling options on the cps menu , I have the UT126H and the UT110R board installed into my radio and as far as I know the UT110R board can only be used in analogue mode ?

When I click on the scrambling menu when the scrambling box is enabled there is three options

Obviously the 1st one is using either the UT109R or UT110R scrambling board in analogue mode

The 2nd option is INVERSION scrambling which gives me an encryption key list numbered from 1 to 63 so I'm guessing in digital there is only the 1 to 63 codes to choose from but there again if I'm wrong let me know ?

And the 3rd option is OTHER-T , what exactly is this and does it work in both digital and analogue modes ?

and I see there's an extra code box that's enables once the OTHER-T is enabled so is this a higher security feature for both analogue and digital modes and can the key be made to any length or even left blank yet still choosing the 1 to 63 encryption key list ?

I'm guessing this list is similar to the Motorola mototrbo key id feature which adds security on the basic and enhanced encryption etc ?

Also if these encryption keys are enabled on digital mode will this mute on another radio if a different key is setup or will the other radio hear the scrambled audio come through etc ?

hope i've not baffled anyone and thanks for any help in advance ;)

n5ims

Voice inversion is a very old method of "scrambling" an analog signal. It's pretty easy to both implement and defeat. Basically they take the analog voice signal and change the zero point of the signal so a normally tuned signal doesn't sound right. To decode, they simply reverse the process. This is a bit oversimplified, but is basically what happens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_inversion

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Inversion type scrambling sounds exactly like tuning in on the upper sideband of an AM signal, using a lower sideband receiver. (Or vice versa.)

Higher frequencies are reproduced as lower frequencies. Lower frequencies are reproduced as higher frequencies.

Basically, people sound like ducks speaking a foreign language after their voice is inverted.

Status
Not open for further replies.