Help Understanding DSD Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneBurst

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
I don't know if this is in the right place or not. I hope you'll be patient with me. I am looking for help understanding and using the DSD P25 and Provoice Software package. I am running windows 7 and downloaded it all. I got this command prompt box but was unable to enter anything into it. I had the software documentation up to help me know which commands to use, but the problem is right now..I cannot get the command prompt box to accept text entries.

Thanks for anyone who can walk me through this or at least explain how this software works at a level an everyday person can understand.

KJ4TND

Dsd

As long as you got dsd for windows extracted it executed it from the dsd.exe file then you should be able to type dsd and work for you.

surfsup28

Dsd

Hey guys, the way i was able to set the parameters was to not enter the program just by running the program just from the program itself, but to enter it using the dos command prompt..finding the program where it is installed and then setting the parameters from there.
iam a dos newbie myself but was able to use dos prompt after using a few simple commands. such as a) cd(change directory) , b ) Dir (directory) etc...

Firstly the program should be downloaded to somwhere where its easy to find for a newbie, such as your desktop.
1. open the dos prompt box
2. (if the DSD program was installed somwhere easy like the desktop) enter at the blinking cursor; cd Desktop (take note of the capital D in desktop, dos is case sensitive)
3. The dos line should now have desktop at the end of the first line..u are now in the desktop directory.
4. type dir and all the prgrams on your desktop should be listed.
5. find the one with DSD in it, such as dsdforwin and then type; cd dsdforwin
6. you should now see at the that dsdforwin had been added to the line of cammand, you are now in the dsdforwin directory
7. now you are ready to enter the parameters of the program...Type dsd -h, you should now see a list of the paramaters used for dsd. To run each one individually just type dsd and then the option such as -h for help.( with a space in between dsd and the option)
8. to run it mormally just type dsd

Also i forgot to mention to stop the program running just press (Cntrl C) and then enter a new command option.

Hope this helps

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

When passing commands/arguments to dsd, while staring it, they are typed in on the same line as the start up command. IE:
C:/> dsdforwin -h

ilgrant

The command prompt is not case sensitve ( at least not in the USA version).

To get to the command prompt in XP...Start -> Run. Type cmd and then Enter key.

In Windows 7, I believe you just hit the start button and type cmd in the search box and hit Enter.

Navigate to where the program is. At this point you can get help (dsd -h) from the program.

If you run dsd directly in the Run box the program starts running right away and defaults to auto mode. You won't be able to type anything except ^C to end the program.

scankid

Premium Subscriber
maybe you already know or don"t know

I had the same problem ,until I figure out that you have to type in exactly, how the folder is saved in the c drive. ex c:\dsdforwin\dsd then this is what you have to type to get started . then when giving command don't forget to space dsd with the command ex dsd -fa hope this is a good pointer for you !

moonbounce

underwater

When listening to apco 25 does anyone hear what sounds like talking underwater. I am thinking it is because the radio is so far away? Any guess's anyone, anyone else experiencing this?

Moonbounce

scankid

Premium Subscriber
p25 garbled

check the input levels on the line in. make sure your getting +p25 decoding not -p25 this will make sure the polarity is right with your tap.other than that my digital scanner can sound some what garbled from time to time but its only the decoding problem like you said, not a strong enough signal or just plain to far away!

Status
Not open for further replies.