Help understanding my Uniden BC350C Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent463

Hi,

I have the uniden BearCat BC350C Scanner (the nascar one) and im a bit lost on it and im looking for a bit of help with it im trying to find the frequencies for my area and also trying to understand what everything means when ya'll talk about it i live in gainesville texas (cooke county) can some one please assist me i would be very great ful and i also have another question about it aswell i have the scanner i bought from the local pawn shop and it didnt come with a power source it's a DC 13.8V and i have a 9v source home power source can i use this without haveing any problems with it cause i would really like to use this scanner it's a 800 mhz can i pick up cell phones and stuff like that or just the police fire aircraft and cb?? im not sure if im allowed to do this but if you have yahoo messenger please add me xxx_domestic_xxx or on msn it's silent463@hotmail.com

mciupa

Hi silent463, welcome to RadioReference :)

Hi,

I have the uniden BearCat BC350C Scanner (the nascar one) and I'm looking for help with finding frequencies for my area, I live in Gainesville Texas (Cooke county)
You can program in the freq.'s found here from the database at this link:
Cooke County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

silent463 said:
The scanner I bought from the local pawn shop didn't come with a power source. It needs DC 13.8V and I have a 9V source home power source can I use this without having any problems?

It won't work well, probably no display. Go to RadioShack for a proper power supply.

silent463 said:
Can i pick up cell phones and stuff like that or just the police fire aircraft and CB??

No, since 1986 the cell phone portion of the 800 band has been omitted.
Stick with the other services you mentioned, you should be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.