Help- Unitrunker & PSR500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lew

Could someone please give me the step by step directions for setting up and using Unitrunker on my PSR500. I downloaded the lastest version. I can get the screens asking for scanner info, and have entered the required info, but I don't get the basic screen that I've seen on RR about Unitrunker. I've searched for help but can't find a comprehensive explanation about using this software. Am registered member of RR and have downloaded data for Palmetto 800 TRS (2B202) in SC into Unitrunker. The CCdump is on and I manually parked on an active control channel and have set the scanner to "running" I'm very confused.

Lew

SCPD

QRT
Make sure the DSP dump feature is turned OFF.

What are your serial port settings?

Which site are you monitoring?

What control channel frequencies have you tried?

What information does the radio display on it's screen when the radio is tuned to the active control channel?

Last edited:

Viper43

I think that system is a 3600 baud system and Unitrunker only supports 9600 b at the present time. It's hard to tell though as nothing on the page for the system says it's 3600 or 9600, at least not with a quick look.

Unitrunker - the system he mentions is here http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=429

V

SCPD

QRT
Viper43IUnitrunker - the system he mentions is here [url said:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=429[/url]
He should have no problem tracking that system. I'm still waiting for Lew to respond.

Lew

As previously stated I can't get Unitrunker to decode. Have the following settings; GRE500- Running,CC dump on, DSP dump off, Serial port com1, Baud rate 115200, Data bits 8, Stop bits 1, Parity none, System Palmetto 800 TRS, (South Carolina) . Scanner tuned to CC 860.2625 (Lexington Co.) Scannner shows 99% decode rate, SID 2B02 S20. Set to download from RR. Software shows all 59 sites of TRS, and a list of agencies and talk groups, but no black screen showing trunking data. I'm obviously not doing something right. I need step by step directions if someone could take the tiime to do so.

Thanx,
Lew in SC

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You've changed "Run" from "Stopped" to "Running" right?

Attachments

• UT GUI Receiver.jpg
    UT GUI Receiver.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 285

Lew

Wayne,

Your thumbnail does not look like the on I get when I run Uniform.exe. Mine has a gray background and in grid form. Yes, I have changed the Unitrunker setting from "stopped" to "running." FYI, I downloaded the latest version of Unitrunker.

Lew in SC

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
As previously stated I can't get Unitrunker to decode. Have the following settings; GRE500- Running,CC dump on, DSP dump off, Serial port com1, Baud rate 115200, Data bits 8, Stop bits 1, Parity none, System Palmetto 800 TRS, (South Carolina) . Scanner tuned to CC 860.2625 (Lexington Co.) Scannner shows 99% decode rate, SID 2B02 S20. Set to download from RR. Software shows all 59 sites of TRS, and a list of agencies and talk groups, but no black screen showing trunking data. I'm obviously not doing something right. I need step by step directions if someone could take the tiime to do so.

Thanx,
Lew in SC

Lew,

When you have Unitrunker on and the Receiver section (in Unitrunker) set to Running, do you see a fairly solid green light on the USB cable that came iwth the scanner? If you don't see a green light (flickering so fast that it appears to be always on), then you've got a communications problem.

Did you install the drivers that came on CD? Simply plugging the USB cable that came with the scanner into the PC and into the scanner is not enough. Gotta make sure you have drivers installed I believe.

And mine gets finicky sometimes - I've had times when I had to turn the scanner back off and back on after firing up UT (or any other app I use with the scanner) to get the USB to wake up.

Mike

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Your thumbnail does not look like the on I get when I run Uniform.exe. Mine has a gray background and in grid form.
I've changed the colors and the fonts. That's why.

Have you verified with a terminal program (like Windows Hyperterminal) you're getting data coming in?

Lew

Help= Unitrunker & PSR500

Wayne,

Yes my USB cable is functioning properly. (Flashing as it should), and yes, I uploaded the drivers from the CD. If I knew how to make a picture of what I'm seeing when I run Uniform.exe that would probably help.
I'm seeing a square box with grid lines on a gray background and I'm typing in the required info into the appropriate grid. Still no decoding. I thought if I downloaded the info from RR it would furnish all the needed System info to Unitrunker. This shouldn't be this hard/ I'm about to give up on this.

Lew

SCPD

QRT
Lew;

Please post a screenshot of your receiver window.

You can use the [Alt] and [PrScn] to grab a copy of the window. Open up Paint and paste [Edit] -> [Paste] to place the screen image into the program. Save the image as a PNG or JPG file.

Lew

Wayne-- I copied 3 screen shots. I can drag them into a regular e-mail, but I can't get them in a reply on RR forums. If you would give me an e-mail adress I will send them to you or tell me how to get them to post to RR forums.

Lew

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Wayne-- I copied 3 screen shots. I can drag them into a regular e-mail, but I can't get them in a reply on RR forums. If you would give me an e-mail adress I will send them to you or tell me how to get them to post to RR forums.

Lew

Click on Reply, then scroll down to Manage Attachments - Add the pictures as attachments and post it.

Mike

FJB2022

Premium Subscriber
Your not the only one having this problem. I run unitrunker the new and old versions fine on my tapped Pro 96 but I can't get my 500 to work for some reason. I have DSP dump off CC dump on and park on the control channel but the light on my USB cable won't light up. The only time the USB cable lights up is when im programming it.

Last edited:

Lew

Here I am again. After reading the post of Jeff0780 I tried running Unitrunker (CC 860.2625 on the SC Palmetto800 TRS) again and noticed that my USB cable does NOT flash with this application. It only does that when I am programming from Win500. I checked my Device Manager and it shows the GRE USB driver is working properly. Also I don't know how to use "manage Attch". in RR forums. When I drag the JPG file from the Paint folder into the "file from computer" box, the application automately changes to a My Pictures folder, before I can click on the upload box. I appreciate you guys trying to help a guy who still trying to learn about the 500 and how to use RR effectvely.

Lew

SCPD

QRT
Hi Lew;

Also I don't know how to use "manage Attch". in RR forums.
Try this ...

Click the "Post Reply" button at the bottom of this thread. A new page will appear with a box for you to type in your response as text. Below that box is another box titled "Additional Options". Inside that box is a button labelled "Manage Attachments". Click that button and follow the instructions. Don't try to drag / drop files - this needs to be done through the browser so that it can push the image file to the RR web server for all to see.

Edit: in the popup window that appears, select the "Browse" button inside the box labelled "Upload file from your computer" button. You will be given the chance to navigate to the image file on your computer. After you have selected the file, press the "Upload" button to actually push the file out to the RR web server.

Last edited:

Lew

Here are the screen shots. (Thanks for the directions on doing this) Also I checked the serial port on the scanner (Com 4) and changed the the receiver in Unitrunker to Com 4, but still no flashing light on the USB cable. After I download the Palmetto TRS from RR I do get a list of all the talkgroups on the system as you can see. Also I did set the scanner to "running" when trying both com 1 and com 4. Don't know what to next.
Again thanx for hanging in there with me!

Lew

Attachments

• PSR500.JPG
    PSR500.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 271
  • PSR5003..JPG
    PSR5003..JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 302
  • PSR5005.JPG
    PSR5005.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 311
  • psr5006.JPG
    psr5006.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 333
  • PSR5007.JPG
    PSR5007.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 272

SCPD

QRT
Lew;

Before running Unitrunker ... a few suggestions:

1. you say you've successfully used Win500 with the radio so make note of what port is Win500 configured to use.
2. make sure Win500 (and any other program - such as PSREdit, or Pro96Com - that might talk to the radio) is NOT running.
3. make sure the cable is plugged in (otherwise the program won't find it at start up).

Start the program, edit the Receiver settings to match #1 above (you're other port settings look fine), and set the receiver's run mode to "Running" ...

Lew

Praise the Lord, Unitrunker is up and working!! I would have never been able to do this without the help of you fellows on this group. I have learned so much. Thank all of you so much!

Lew in SC

Status
Not open for further replies.