Help upgrading from my Pro-2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

WackyBush

Premium Subscriber
I want to get back into scanning and the title gives you an idea of my last scanner, it's still working but the programming software was for Windows XP! Looking for a Basic and Affordable scanner that can easily be programmed from my Windows 10 PC. Please point me in the right direction, thank you.

WackyBush

Premium Subscriber
I live in a pretty small city of South Lake Tahoe on the border of CA & NV. With the 400 channels on my Pro-2006 I can cover almost everything in the area. This scanner actually works great still, I installed an ancient programming system but it only works with Windows XP and I have long since gotten rid of all my XP computers so I can't easily program it anymore so I'm looking for something that I can program with my computer with the frequencies I can download from RadioReference. There are no trunking systems around and I don't even know how this works and so far no digital or scrambling in this area either.

The Uniden SDS200 is overkill and I really don't want to spend over $300. I was looking at a Uniden BCT15X which is <$200 but it doesn't say if it can be programmed via a computer.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber

WackyBush

Premium Subscriber
I will probably give the BCT15X a try, it's reasonably priced and if it can be programmed via my PC I will be happy. It's still a very small town, with less than 30k people so the technology is very old here still. There has been talk of upgrading the police system here for about 10 years now so I don't think it's going to happen overnight but ya never know...

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Try the free trial of PROSCAN for the BCT15X! Full blown programming software that works with that scanner…then it’s only $50 one time if you decide to download it! It’s made programming my BCD996P2 way easier!!!

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
The BCT15X is an excellent analog scanner. I use it for conventional public safety, civilian and military airbands, and marine. Also program it with ProScan.

wtp

Status
Not open for further replies.