Help w/ RS pro 2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

need4greed

Just my luck. Looks like I missed a meet and greet in Folsom by 2 days! Getting striaght to the point. It appears I'm no longer picking up any sac trunking? I do get Galt PD and some other misc stuff but NO sac trunking for sure. Not sure what the deal is. I MIGHT have messed it up about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I was tring to lock in on a talk group while I was half asleep with no glasses on and might have hit a few wrong buttons?? Seems as if that was the last time it was working. Or, After lurking throw some threds I see lots of talk about rebanding?? I do enjoy listening to the scanner and we always had one in the house when I was a kid (older brother was a Explorer scout and a cadit) but don't know anything about programing ect..... I live in the Sunrise Blvd/HWY 50 area. If there is someone close by that might be able to meet up and help me in exchange of a burger and cold beverage of your choice I would be greatly thankful!!

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited:

Sac916

A couple weeks ago SRRCS rebanded, the frequencies changed. If you haven't reprogrammed the frequencies in the last couple weeks, then you'll have to update your programming.

How are you hearing Galt PD?

Galt PD conventional 460.15000
or
Galt PD is on the SRRCS TGID 45136

Are you programming you scanner by hand or using software?

need4greed

I'm hearing Galt at the 460.15000. I never programed the scanner RS did it for me (which they no longer do) when I bought it. I'm really hoping to find someone to do it or show me how. : )

janeair

A couple weeks ago SRRCS rebanded, the frequencies changed. If you haven't reprogrammed the frequencies in the last couple weeks, then you'll have to update your programming.

How are you hearing Galt PD?

Galt PD conventional 460.15000
or
Galt PD is on the SRRCS TGID 45136

Are you programming you scanner by hand or using software?
hello, dont realy know what i am doing here, just signed up and your the first person i came across, sorry. lol. i am from Scotland United Kingdom, i used to love using my scanner that i got about 30yrs ago, my hubby spent his time with it also as he is disabled and passed time for him, but since things went digital over here cant get anything, tonight i went online with lap top and could hear police e.c.t. from america, chicaco, e.c.t. but after 20minutes or so he lost interest, surely with all the modern technoligy today there is something i can do to get my scanner up and running again for my local area.
Thanks...

Sac916

hello, dont realy know what i am doing here, just signed up and your the first person i came across, sorry. lol. i am from Scotland United Kingdom, i used to love using my scanner that i got about 30yrs ago, my hubby spent his time with it also as he is disabled and passed time for him, but since things went digital over here cant get anything, tonight i went online with lap top and could hear police e.c.t. from america, chicaco, e.c.t. but after 20minutes or so he lost interest, surely with all the modern technoligy today there is something i can do to get my scanner up and running again for my local area.
Thanks...

Here are some links on this site that relate to your region

RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database
UK Radio Discussion Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums
Scotland Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

Good luck, happy scanning!

You're better off browsing the UK forums and databases -

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I'm hearing Galt at the 460.15000. I never programed the scanner RS did it for me (which they no longer do) when I bought it. I'm really hoping to find someone to do it or show me how. : )
You'll need Win96 or ARC96 to program the 6 multi tables for rebanded SRRCS system. Also reduce each CC/ACC by 15MHz per database page.

need4greed

You'll need Win96 or ARC96 to program the 6 multi tables for rebanded SRRCS system. Also reduce each CC/ACC by 15MHz per database page.

Thanks Frank. I'm sure thats great information. Unfortunately, I have to claim ignorance to all of it except the winn96 soft ware and the 15MHz. Hell, I used to just go buy the crystal I needed and bam, I was set (some of you may not even know what I'm talking about)….lol. I am really hoping to find someone that I can meet for a beer that might have the the software or be willing to come to my PC and walk me through the process. I know it is asking a lot but I would be very appreciative!!

Thanks,
Bob

sacscan

I tried to PM you earlier today, but maybe you didn't get it. I have the Win96 software with the rebanding programming in it on a friend's laptop. I used it to program his Pro-2096 and Pro-96. We would be willing to meet you somewhere. Even tonight. ;)

need4greed

I just want to give a big shout out to sacscan for meeting up with me and rebanding my pro 2096. It's really nice to meet someone who is open to helping out others. Thanks Phebe!! It's working great! See you all at the next meet up.

Status
Not open for further replies.