HELP--WHISTLER SCANNER WS-1065

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsjackson1

Premium Subscriber
I just got my Whistler 1065 scanner.
I need help!!!---PLEASE!!!
I have no clue how to program it.
I am computer literate--but this scanner has me beat.
In the instructions it says I can come to RadioReference and attach the PC/IF cable and get the scanner programmed.
I have attached the cable and come to this site--but don't see where I can have the scanner programmed through the site.

Anyone that can put it all into plain language--I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks!!!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just got my Whistler 1065 scanner.
I need help!!!---PLEASE!!!
I have no clue how to program it.
I am computer literate--but this scanner has me beat.
In the instructions it says I can come to RadioReference and attach the PC/IF cable and get the scanner programmed.
I have attached the cable and come to this site--but don't see where I can have the scanner programmed through the site.

Anyone that can put it all into plain language--I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks!!!
To program the scanner, using data from the RadioReference site, there are several things that you need:
Besides the scanner, you need the programming cable. Apparently, you do have that, as well as a PC, which is also needed.

But there are two other items that you need to do this.
First, you need the correct software for the scanner.
See this Wiki page.
There are three programs available to program your scanner: PSREdit500, ARC500, and Win500. Links for those are on the page indicated just above. Any of these three programs allow you to use your PC to program the scanner. You can enter the information manually then load it to the scanner. All three also have a 30 day free trial period, so that you can use the software & see which you like best. After the trial period, you would need to purchase whichever program you like best, or discontinue using the software programs.

However, if you want to be able to import information from RadioReference into one of the software programs, you must also be a Premium Subscriber. See this page: RadioReference Network Premium Subscription

With the correct software, and a Premium subscription, then you can download information from the website into your software, then use the cable connecting the scanner to your PC to load what you've selected.

If you want to program the scanner manually, without using a PC, software, and becoming a Premium Subscriber, you can find instructions in a number of places. starting with this one:

pavaojc

Premium Subscriber
I just got my WS1065 (my first scanner ever) yesterday and I downloaded PSREdit500 and got the RadioReference membership. Took me some hacking around at it, but I now have 9 different scan lists loaded with airports, city, county, FBI, DHS, state agencies, etc.

It's not intuitive, but it's not really that bad... What you need to know is that you set the scan list in the list under the tabs Convention Objects and Trunking Objects. You highlight the one you want to be in a particular list and right click, choose "Edit Conventional Object" or "Edit Talklist", and change the scan list membership. Then under General Configuration tab in Scan Lists, click on the number you used and right click the name to change the description. Load all your scan lists into the software, and then save as a file, and then load to the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.