Help with 10 meter antenna

KG7OVS

I'm looking to buy a 10 meter antenna for my car but they are all CB antennas, but they sat they can be used on 10-meter band. how do I set up the antenna
for 10 meters.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
How much should I cut off at a time? Sorry I'm pretty new to this?

That's going to depend on the exact antenna you choose. I'd recommend a base loaded antenna with a metal whip. Those are easier to tune outside the CB band than the fiberglass whips.

You'll need to have an SWR meter that covers the 10 meter band, or something like a NanoVNA that will visually show you the antennas resonate point.

You'd usually start by cutting about a 1/4" at a time off the bottom of the whip until you get close to the frequency you want, then cut smaller increments until you have it where you want it.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
I'm looking to buy a 10 meter antenna for my car but they are all CB antennas, but they sat they can be used on 10-meter band. how do I set up the antenna
for 10 meters.

I found these if this helps you.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber

merlin

Besides the Hustler jwt873 mentioned, you can get RM-10 and 11 coils.
I have used a Wilson 1000M mag mount and had the standard 11 meter whip. I had a second, I cut down, tuned to 28.9 MHz.
That whip was about 5 inches shorter. (never measured it, just tuned it for 10 meters.)
I started 1 inch then 1/4 inch until the SWR began going up. that was it, then set the sweet spot with the adjustment.