• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help with 2-tone programming Minitor 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplegoat88

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, I'm on 2 depts and trying to program switch A to silent scan both dispatch channels for both tone-outs. the 2-tone for the second agency is motorola QC-2 1530-670 so i assume i need to enter that as a USER tone setting. for some reason it isnt working. the only thing i can think of is that maybe the first channel squelch is set too high and is holding the other channel open. when monitoring that channel i get constant static at sq 3. dropping it to 2= no more static. I have been at this for a week to no avail as i can only test it when there is a call or pager test. please someone advise if my thought process could cause this issue. thanks in advance!

N5XPM

Hello all, I'm on 2 depts and trying to program switch A to silent scan both dispatch channels for both tone-outs. the 2-tone for the second agency is motorola QC-2 1530-670 so i assume i need to enter that as a USER tone setting. for some reason it isnt working. the only thing i can think of is that maybe the first channel squelch is set too high and is holding the other channel open. when monitoring that channel i get constant static at sq 3. dropping it to 2= no more static. I have been at this for a week to no avail as i can only test it when there is a call or pager test. please someone advise if my thought process could cause this issue. thanks in advance!

I think the first test would be to program a switch position with the 1530 670 combination and confirm that combination works as a stand alone. Once that works, maybe the scanning configuration can be figured out.

Purplegoat88

Premium Subscriber
That makes sense. I have used that combination on my kenwood mobile for 2-tone and it does work properly. I’m 99% sure those are the correct tones as that’s the info I’ve gotten from multiple sources.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
If it helps, those are Plectron tones. The precise numbers are 1530/672. The 670 that you have been using is within tolerance for some decoders. The Minitor VI might be a touch pickier.

Purplegoat88

Premium Subscriber
I thought they were. The thing is they’re timed 1-3 so when I tried programming them as plectron they didn’t work.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Minitor VI has a setting for plectron tones.

Purplegoat88

Premium Subscriber
Yes however if my research is correct the timing for plectron tones fast is 0.75, 1 seconds. the timing for our tone out is 1, 3 seconds. I can only assume they converted the plectron tones to a custom QC system.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
It’s common to see this in tone systems. Try setting the tone system to Motorola and then enter 1530/670. The software will change your entries a tiny bit. Don’t worry about that, the pager has +/- variance of a half percent or so.

If that doesn’t work PM for my email address. I’ll take a peek at your code plug.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Set it to plectron and enter the tones I'll bet it works.

Purplegoat88

Premium Subscriber
It’s common to see this in tone systems. Try setting the tone system to Motorola and then enter 1530/670. The software will change your entries a tiny bit. Don’t worry about that, the pager has +/- variance of a half percent or so.

If that doesn’t work PM for my email address. I’ll take a peek at your code plug.
I tried that first thinking it must be close enough but that didn’t work. I’m really thinking it might have been the squelch holding the pager on the other channel so it never heard the one monitoring these tones.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
I tried that first thinking it must be close enough but that didn’t work. I’m really thinking it might have been the squelch holding the pager on the other channel so it never heard the one monitoring these tones.
Possible. Do you have any switches set for monitor? You could check for squelch breaks as you walk around.

Purplegoat88

Premium Subscriber
Possible. Do you have any switches set for monitor? You could check for squelch breaks as you walk around.
Yes. And when I select the working channel it opens to static. I dropped it down to 2 and it no longer does that But haven’t had any tone outs to check if it corrected it.

Purplegoat88

Premium Subscriber
so set to user with the squelch changed still didnt work, im going to try motorola with the nearest tones selected (1513, 669) with the squelch corrected and see what happens

Ant9270

The Green Weenie
Do you have the correct bandwidth set? Ex: 12.5 or 25.0KhZ

Purplegoat88

Premium Subscriber
im going to setup one channel to selective call for this tone set and see if it even goes off and hopefully i can go from there

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
There’s an app for smartphones that will give you the frequencies of the tone pair. It also will decode MDC1200 in addition to QC tones from any manufacturer. That would certainly help verify the tones for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.