help with 2004 jeep grand cherokee install

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOLEBILLY

hoping someone can give me some pics or ideas on installing a ham and scanner in a grand cherokee.Thanks

RodStrong

I have a 96 Cherokee, and a Yaesu 8800r with a remote mounting kit. I have the head mounted in the center dash, basically at the end of the steering column. I use velcro to keep it there, and it only partially blocks my view of the tripometer, which I don't use anyway. What's really cool about it is I can look straight at it as I am driving, and I don't have to look down (away from driving) to see the display or manipulate the buttons.

Just a thought. Your model has a different dash setup, though, so it may not work. Good luck.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
I was just going to say that when I owned a Jeep Cherokee I had to use two remote mount radios myself. Unfortunately there's no room for radios, unless you're never going to have a passenger in the front seat. One of our patrol vehicles was a Jeep Cherokee, it had the two radios and controls mounted halfway across the passenger side.

Mike

James04TJ

Remote mount heads are the way to go... The actual RF decks can be easily mounted under the front driver and passanger seats.

steveh552

I have a FT2800 2meter radio in mine, bolted the mounting bracket to the passanger side of the shifter console, that was the only place I could find for a non-detachable radio. If you get one with a sepearation kit, you can mount the radio under the back seat where the amp or jack is located (thats where mine are from the factory in my 96) and run the cables.

Once I get batteries for my camera, I can post pics if anyone wants to see.

Here is a link http://www.nagca.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27588 you will need to register at http://www.nagca.com/forum to gain acess to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.