Help with 296D APCO-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

kib669

I am trying to help a friend program his BC296D for the state digital system. I am not having much luck. Does anyone have a file they could send me as an example? Thanks!

tyytor

did your friend get a APCO decoder card to go with it,
when those came out they came as an add on for extra $$,
also not shure if it will handle true P-25?? i know it will handle 3600 systems,

MNRotrMedic

tyytor
i think you're confusing the 296D for the 250D. the 296 will decode 9600 baud control channels right out of the box the 250D needed the optional card to decode P25 audio.

kib669

This unit does come with the digital capability.

So is anyone using one of these to monitor the Colorado system?

seamusg

kib669 said:
This unit does come with the digital capability.

So is anyone using one of these to monitor the Colorado system?
The BC296D is the handheld version of the BC796D, It does Project 25 Standard very well. The only drawback is you can only put one site per bank. Your system is a multi site system , so you'll have to determine which sites you can receive and put each of them in a different bank. On my 796 I have 5 banks for digital systems (4 banks for 4 sites on a multisite system and 1 bank for a 1 site system).

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Go to the database here and click Colorado's P-25 system. Scroll to the city or services of Interest and enter the control channels and system channels then the talk groups.

I could enter in what you need into mine and generate a file for you if you wish.

kib669

poltergeisty said:
Go to the database here and click Colorado's P-25 system. Scroll to the city or services of Interest and enter the control channels and system channels then the talk groups.

I could enter in what you need into mine and generate a file for you if you wish.

Thanks for responding. I have doing exactly what you have described. I am sure that there is just one setting that I have missed. If you do not mind putting a file together that would be great. Thanks for your help.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
So what are you wanting to hear? The entire state or EL Paso? If it's the entire state it well take some time to program all that.

Most people enter their area and any other relevant agency's of interest, like CSP.

kib669

poltergeisty said:
So what are you wanting to hear? The entire state or EL Paso? If it's the entire state it well take some time to program all that.

Most people enter their area and any other relevant agency's of interest, like CSP.

If you just put one or two sites in the N. Metro Denver area (I am in the Boulder area) with the CSP in it I can handle the rest. Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.