Help with 325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphs1979

Premium Subscriber
Did anyone ever find a solution for this? I have the same issue, 325P2 that receives P25 perfectly on a conventional system, but none of the trunking Phase I P25 data is being read. I can hear the noise on the Control Channel, but no SID is being displayed. Strong signal, it just does not seem to be reading standard P25 in a trunked system. An anomaly that may be a clue in this is that it can read the few Phase II TDMA systems in the area, but not standard Phase I voice. I used a separate 396XT and it can read the CCs etc just fine from the same location; in fact, on a conventional channel, the 325 picks up a better signal, so it is not the antenna. It's almost as if the 325 is only looking for Phase II TDMA and is ignoring regular P25.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Just guessing, there is no follow-up discussion, so I think it must have been resolved some way. Often folks stumble on the solution, or at least I have numerous times.

I'm not sure what you are asking. If you have a 396XT that works, simply program the 396XT data to your 325. The same software and file structure is used in both.

cg

Premium Subscriber
For me, backing up a firmware version got the 800 trunking during a custom search working again.

My understanding from UPMan's post is that they don't see that as a problem because it works on other peoples radios.
What system are you trying to monitor? Perhaps there is an issue with some individual systems.

chris

sphs1979

Premium Subscriber
I tried using the 396XT programming, no luck. I also tried going to Radio Reference and downloading the latest version of the systems (in case some obscure setting had changed), no luck. Still will only read TDMA Phase II. I also tried reverting to older firmwares, I all tried all 4 that were available. No luck. It's not just one system, it's every P25 system in Los Angeles that I am in receiving distance of. (ICI, LAX, the non-TDMA part of LARICS). I tried erasing all systems, switching from Freescan to Proscan, no luck. It is as if there was some sort of setting in the scanner that is set to only read TDMA and to ignore standard P25 in a trunking system.

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The OP never posted his programming file, so we were unable to study further. But, his issue was not the same as what you are reporting. You should start your own thread. When you do so, please post specifically what system (with a link to the RadioReference Database page) you are having issues with.

Status
Not open for further replies.