Help with 800 Mhz Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorin

I have a GRE 600 Scanner. I used to receive Alco and Santa Clara City. I think I have put in an invalid setting? My Scanner has all the correct updates, My Antenna is matched with an SWR Meter and I have no shorts in my Coax. I have win500 as my software to control the Scanner. Can I send someone my P500 file and have them check it to make sure I have all the correct settings? This is my last resort as it has to be a bad setting in Tsys Object as why I stopped receiving those Channels. Any one up for the challenge ?

Thanks

Lorin

dougr1252

Did you set Multisite to OFF? (Had to ask)

Move to that system in manual mode, then hit F2 (TSYS) and F3 (Analyz). You should see the channels that are programmed for that system. Use the arrow keys to scroll through the channels and see if you find the control channel. Then check the attenuator settings. You can have a global attenuator and a TSYS attenuator, so maybe one or both of those got set. Also check to see if the wildcard is locked out, and/or the TSYS is disabled. When I got my PRO-197, that combination caused some question marks until I figured it out.

lorin

Help woth 800 <hz Trunking?

Doug:

Nope! I tried everything you said(my setting were what you said) and still no receive? When I do a "search Mode" on 800 Mhz., I do receive all of ALCO, so there is still a setting that is incorrect, so I still need someone to look at my entire WIN500 settings to see what is missing? Is anyone up to the challenge to compare WIN500 settings with yours on Trunk systems??

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
lorin, take the file and zip it using something along the lines of WinZip or 7zFM, then you will be able to attach it 73 Mike

lorin

Here is my P500 file. I zipped it.

I hope you can figure it out? The P500 file is version 181

Thanks

Lorin

Attachments

• Delta1.zip
    15 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

dougr1252

Lorin:

Here's what I see so far -

Alameda County looks goofy. You have 13 channels in there. It looks like all the control channels are there, but I would edit it so you have _only_ the control channels:

866.9375, 867.4000, 868.0875, 868.7625

From the South Bay you should only be able to hear 1 control channel at a time.

Santa Clara - all the freqs are there, just not in order. Since it's Mot I don't think it should matter, but it doesn't hurt to put them in order. I only have the 4 control channels in my radios, and they work fine, but I've never checked to see if they use more than 4 channels in rotation as control.
Note: Santa Clara is patchy, even in the city itself. Try a different antenna, or location.

Livermore - You have extra channels that are not a part of the system. Livermore should be:
856.9625, 857.9625, 858.9625, 859.9625, 860.9625

Oakland is also messed up. You need to put Site 1 (APL) and Site 2 (Seneca) in separate TSYS objects. They're like separate systems. It's also EDACS, so look carefully at the LCN order for Site 1. There are several blank LCNs that are hard to see.

Oakland P25 should be: LCN1: 866.1250 LCN2: 867.3000 LCN3: 868.1750 P25 AUTO

San Francisco: You have control channels from both subsystems in one object. I would separate these and treat them as separate systems. They have the same SysID, but I never see any crossover of talkgroups. Maybe it's different within the actual system coverage area.

Let me know if any of this helps.

lorin

Hello:

Thanks for taking a look into the Talk Groups. I will make your changes. Give me a few days to obserb and listen. I will post back your suggestions on how they worked!

Thanks for your time

Lorin

Status
Not open for further replies.