Help with 996P2 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillB

Im trying to program a 996p2 with the new state system stuff. ISP, DOT and Law aid stuff for the S.E. corner of the state. I'm using Freescan to try and program it but I'm completely lost on what gets entered where and what tags go with what. Conventional stuff I have no problem but this trunked stuff is over my head by about 10 miles.

N0ZJT

Database Admin
Depends a little on what part of the county, since there isn't a tower in Henry Co. When I travel through Mt Pleasant, the Beaverdale site (site 11) comes in pretty good. If it's the north or west part of Henry Co, try Fairfield site (site 31). Hopefully the snippet below will help you to see the site numbers in the area of Henry Co.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Im trying to program a 996p2 with the new state system stuff. ISP, DOT and Law aid stuff for the S.E. corner of the state. I'm using Freescan to try and program it but I'm completely lost on what gets entered where and what tags go with what. Conventional stuff I have no problem but this trunked stuff is over my head by about 10 miles.
I am working on a FreeSCAN file for you with the agencies you requested.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is the file. Henry Co does not have a site on the ISICS system. Use the Des Moines and Jefferson Co sites which are on system quick keys 1 and 2. The conventional frequencies for Henry Co are on system quick key 8. Sites for Van Buren, Lee, and Louisa Counties are on system quick keys 3, 4, and 5. There are sites allotted for Henry and Washington Counties on system quick keys 6 and 7 if sites are added in the future for those counties. If the sites are added, only the frequencies need to be entered. More information on the group quick keys will be coming. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming to your scanner. Highlight ERASE ALL SYSTEMS & SETTINGS before you Start Upload.

Attachments

• Henry Co IA.zip
    3 KB · Views: 3

WillB

Here is the file. Henry Co does not have a site on the ISICS system. Use the Des Moines and Jefferson Co sites which are on system quick keys 1 and 2. The conventional frequencies for Henry Co are on system quick key 8. Sites for Van Buren, Lee, and Louisa Counties are on system quick keys 3, 4, and 5. There are sites allotted for Henry and Washington Counties on system quick keys 6 and 7 if sites are added in the future for those counties. If the sites are added, only the frequencies need to be entered. More information on the group quick keys will be coming. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming to your scanner. Highlight ERASE ALL SYSTEMS & SETTINGS before you Start Upload.

I was able to get it programmed with your Freescan file. I greatly appreciate it. I added a new conventional system with 3 conventional groups to it but I'm not sure if they are being included when the scanner is scanning. I never see the system name on the display.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Sorry about the delay getting back to you. I didn't see any glaring problems. I added a couple of PL tones, changed MOD on everything on the new conventional system from AUTO to NFM, and set AUDIO TYPE on everything to Analog. The 150 and 450 frequencies will sometimes show as FM in the database even though they are required to be narrow band. For low band, FM is correct. Your conventional system should be visible when scanning because you set the hold time to 1 sec. Check to see if 0 is showing on the system quick keys on the scanner screen. I suspect it is turned off. Press 0 on the keypad to enable it. Here is your updated file:

Attachments

• iowa 2.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

WillB

Sorry about the delay getting back to you. I didn't see any glaring problems. I added a couple of PL tones, changed MOD on everything on the new conventional system from AUTO to NFM, and set AUDIO TYPE on everything to Analog. The 150 and 450 frequencies will sometimes show as FM in the database even though they are required to be narrow band. For low band, FM is correct. Your conventional system should be visible when scanning because you set the hold time to 1 sec. Check to see if 0 is showing on the system quick keys on the scanner screen. I suspect it is turned off. Press 0 on the keypad to enable it. Here is your updated file:

That seemed to work. Thanks everyone for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.