help with a pro-97 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycoborg

Feed Provider
I am attempting to monitor richmond san pablo and the live feed here gets all the traffic, with the occasional trailing beeps.

i looked up san pablo /richmond trunking codes. and added them. but im not getting all the traffic. so, i know i have not programmed my pro-97 correctly.

i found this thread:

http://forums.radioreference.com/sa...81083-whither-richmond-san-pablo-trunked.html

and have a few questions.

1) what does LTR reffer to? in that thread they mention LTR 1-8 is this channel 1 through 8? or bank 1 - 8 with chanel 1 in each beeing the one programmed? (just need clarification.)

2) do i need to add the talkgroup channels in to each code?

now with this, i want it to be as clear as the online feed of richmond /san pablo. once i get this info cleared up, i will look over the codes to see if i have them in the correct locations and order.

cousinkix1953

One reason it doesn't hear everything is because the Pro 97 cannot be rebanded with new firmware. It will only track 800 mhz frequencies that end in xxx5 but not xxx0. In the meantime, the only thing you can do is program those frequencies in the conventional manner and lockout the control channel. You'll hear parts of conversations.

The Pro 164 (the new version) will track 800 mhz frequencies that end with .xxx0. I saw a couple of them for sale on EBAY for around $100 over the weekend.

Not many police or fire departments are using the LTR systems; so you are missing a few tow trucks, plumbers and security guards...

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
as per Wiki page: Why won't my scanner work after rebanding?

Well, depending on what you listen to, it might work. If you listen to EDACS or LTR (or conventional), you will just need to reprogram the new frequencies and logical channel numbers

(Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki)

Did not see any mention of rebanding on the Richmond page.

Used my Pro 95 and was able to put those frequency in.
I'm to far away to pick it up.
See if you can program it and let us know.

psycoborg

Feed Provider
Your link is to a Post from 2007 ??
go to Richmond & San Pablo, Cities of (Public Safety) Trunking System, Richmond, California - Scanner Frequencies
Richmond & San Pablo, Cities of (Public Safety)

ok i see you have not clearly understood my post. but yesterday i figured it out. and now im recieving richmond san with no problem, the trailing beeps have all but dissapeared. granted i get it once and a while. i hear all the action now.

I originally added those freqs to the scanner. but they were not in the correct order. thus every broadcast had the trailing beeps.

thanks anyhow.

psycoborg

Feed Provider
One reason it doesn't hear everything is because the Pro 97 cannot be rebanded with new firmware. It will only track 800 mhz frequencies that end in xxx5 but not xxx0. In the meantime, the only thing you can do is program those frequencies in the conventional manner and lockout the control channel. You'll hear parts of conversations.

The Pro 164 (the new version) will track 800 mhz frequencies that end with .xxx0. I saw a couple of them for sale on EBAY for around $100 over the weekend.

Not many police or fire departments are using the LTR systems; so you are missing a few tow trucks, plumbers and security guards...

erm.. its not why i was not able to see them . first off there were 8 channels i needed to program. i had 7
second, i had most inthe incorrect order. thus the reason i asked what LTR meant. apparantly i had to experiment myself. LTR reffered to the chanel. this meant i had not only 1 frequincie missing, but 3 were out of order.why edacs is so pickey is beyond my understanding. but hey... it works now. all is good...... kinda....

now i did a goober. i locked out the entire bank. .... lol so, now i have 2 choices, Figure out how to unlockout the bank, or 2) program Bank2 with the same as bank1 lol. anyhow, nice site everyone. believe it or not. with the good info here and even the bad info, This place has the coloutions. just gotta keep looking. and asking. :)

dougr1252

Posting in the Radio Shack forum would also be a good idea. Richmond is EDACS and not rebanded yet, but they probably will be this year. A PRO-97 should work fine on this system with the existing frequencies that are in the database, or rebanded frequencies. LCN 8 (860.7125) has distorted beeps that many scanners can't handle correctly, so you hear them and the scanner hangs on the channel until they're done. Newer GRE scanners and their RS versions don't have this problem.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
It is EDACS!!!!

It will only track 800 mhz frequencies that end in xxx5 but not xxx0.
I just want to point out that the statement by cousinkix1953 only applies to Motorola type trunked radio systems. Since San Pablo - Richmond is an EDACS system, it will be tracked by the PRO-97 after rebanding. All you would need to do is program the new frequencies in, and in the correct order.

psycoborg said:
now i did a goober. i locked out the entire bank. .... lol so, now i have 2 choices, Figure out how to unlockout the bank, or 2) program Bank2 with the same as bank1 lol.
To unlock a bank while in SCAN mode, just press its number on the keypad. Note; pressing the number of a bank which is on, will turn it off, unless it is the only bank on.

To unlock individual channels, press MAN, type the 3 digit channel number and press MAN. Press L_OUT to toggle lock out on.off. So to unlock what you programmed into channel 100, press MAN 1 0 0 MAN L_OUT. You can use the MAN or UP (DOWN) key to navigate to each channel manually.

k27

Can anyone start a Richmond, Ca feed without the beeps?
I enjoy listening to the feed thats up now, but wouldnt mind if one with no beeps got put up. But if not I'll settle for what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.