Help with a Pro96 and RISCON

Status
Not open for further replies.

petey1

I knoticed the other day that my Pro96 has not been picking up any traffic from the new network all of a sudden. When I went to the control chan it was scilent and took a long time to pick up the Digital signal. It didnt even show me the signal strenght % like it used to.

Any ideas what could have happend in the programming or did my scanner just die. This scanner has always been fininky with the new digital system.

I do have the 800mhz antenna and I am located in South Kingstown on the Narragansett line, wich is close to the RISCON souther tower (acording to database on here).

Thanks in Advance

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
I knoticed the other day that my Pro96 has not been picking up any traffic from the new network all of a sudden. When I went to the control chan it was scilent and took a long time to pick up the Digital signal. It didnt even show me the signal strenght % like it used to.

Any ideas what could have happend in the programming or did my scanner just die. This scanner has always been fininky with the new digital system.

I do have the 800mhz antenna and I am located in South Kingstown on the Narragansett line, wich is close to the RISCON souther tower (acording to database on here).

Thanks in Advance

Did you try the alternate control channels to see if they had switched?

868.15000 868.27500

B.K.

petey1

Sorry for the typos in the first post I didn’t see them until after I could no longer edit it. I meant to say

I noticed the other day that my Pro96 has not been picking up any traffic from the new network all of a sudden. When I went to the control channel, it was silent and took a long time to pick up the Digital signal. It didn’t even show me the signal strength % like it used to.

Any ideas what could have happened in the programming or did my scanner just die. This scanner has always been finicky with the new digital system.

I do have the 800 MHz antenna and I am located in South Kingstown on the Narragansett line, which is close to the RISCON southern tower (according to database on here).

Thanks in Advance

Did you try the alternate control channels to see if they had switched?

868.15000 868.27500

B.K.

Thanks for the advice. No the control channel is still the same. My scanner all of a sudden just started taking a long time to decode the digital signal after I turn it on.

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
Coverage areas on the system are very spotty in the North/South Kingstown areas. I know up at Kingston Bowl I could barely receive the system.

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the typos in the first post I didn’t see them until after I could no longer edit it. I meant to say

Thanks for the advice. No the control channel is still the same. My scanner all of a sudden just started taking a long time to decode the digital signal after I turn it on.

Do you have any way of comparing your antenna's performance on other frequencies in you area. eg. weather channels? The Pro-96's have had problems with the internal connection of the antenna to the circuit board coming loose causing similar symptoms as to what you experienced.

B.K.

petey1

Do you have any way of comparing your antenna's performance on other frequencies in you area. eg. weather channels? The Pro-96's have had problems with the internal connection of the antenna to the circuit board coming loose causing similar symptoms as to what you experienced.

B.K.

I am still picking up SK PD and FD loud and clear without any problems at all. I am using the 800mhz antenna too.

Status
Not open for further replies.