Help with a Uni BCD996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm learning a little at time about programming radios but getting nowhere fast. I have everything programmed in the WIN500 and ARC500 for our area. Problem is, now I have a Uni BCD996XTto program. So I figured out I needed ARC-XT to program this new scanner and have been trying to figure out how to get all my data over into the new program. After giving up on a simple import/export I figured out I could copy the data in the win500 program and then paste into the ARC-XT after I created a new conventional system. I named the new system Coryell County and upload it to my scanner but something is not right. The scanner scrolls Coryell County across the screen but nothing ever comes across. It also keeps stopping scanning and saying CC found and saying press any key. I'm clueless at this point. Any guidance is appreciated.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Win500 isn't designed for the DMA radios - don't use it as such. It's designed for the GRE/RS object oriented scanners, which is a quite different memory scheme. Discard it - pay attention to ARC-XT...

One of the things you need to learn about is how to set up a trunked system in DMA. It sounds like you messed up setting up a trunk system for Coryell County (it would help to know which one...). I would suggest you to read the Easier to Read manual for the 996XT before you go any further. In addition the DMA FAQ has got lots of good information you may not find in the manual. Both are linked here...

Programming Your Uniden Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

best regards..Mike

Last edited:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
try freescan Sixspot Software
or get more into arc-xt.... as said the memory is different although you maybe able to copy paste some items it may not work fully

try menu - new system - conventional - edit group - edit channel - new frequency (going off memory).

Status
Not open for further replies.